Forbidden Lands - THE INTRODUCTION THREAD

fi5h1fishy

I agree with Corwin slightly, it would be a good idea to start off small. however I do not agree with how he worded it, he lists "Actual feedback" as saying it cannot be done. the truth is, it can. But The mod will only go as far as you take it.

a 3,000 page book is not written by debating if it's possible, it is written one page at a time. But that's not to say it won't be difficult.

Just remember, the only one who can create or destroy the mod is you, I can't and Corwin can't.

At the end of the day it's up to you to decide how far you go.

Well in my experience (Which is pretty good considering) I am 9 months into Discworld and it is in no way going to be radiant, the quests are the quests etc. Finding voice actors and doing all the work is time consuming as all hell and while I 100% believe 4 months is a pipe dream, anyone is capable of doing something if they have the intestinal fortitude to finish what they start.

And by 4 months being a pipe dream, it is man, unless you spend 16 hours a day on this, and even then you will not get it done to what you specified realistically.

Take into consideration 9 months on discworld, 18 quests nearly 3k lines of dialogue, dozens of unique dungeons. And those dozens of unique dungeons were not done by me, they each merely took a hour or so to import and refine. Dungeon design is by far the most time consuming effort you will have and unless you can somehow manage to cobble together s random dungeon entrance script which then puts you into 1 of 4 diff mines and repopulates it, you will not be able to do that in 4 months

And if you did manage that (which is actually possible) it would be like ESO where you have like 6 or so total dungeons/interiors and be boring as all F

Thanks for the feeback; negative and positive. It was just what i was looking for.

Many of you have stated that i will not manage to complete the project, and this has made me rethink the whole idea a little.

Whats more important;

Having a detailed New Land mod with minimal detail and crappy quests,

Or;

Having a slightly smaller New land, and have very detailed quests.

I think im going to slightly decrease the size of the project as a whole, and hopefully its still going to go well. I, myself believe that this can be accomplished within 4 months, with ease.

Thank you for the feedback, and i would like to inform you all that i am creating a new thread to show the progress that i am making with the project, as i have in-fact began to start the level design process.

Thank you, and i hope that you are looking forward to the release. (To those that believe i have the time to complete it.)

THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER NEEDED, AS THE THREAD THAT I AM ABOUT TO CREATE IS GOING TO BE THE PRIMARY THREAD FOR THIS PROJECT

I mean as a idea have you played Falskaar, that apparently took him 2k + hours to make, a whole year

Check my Discworld mod to in it's alpha stage it is 9 months and from what I have been told, slightly bigger than Falskaar so far, but I have random people helping with dungeons and lettign me use assets etc

Try not to set insane deadlines for yourself because then you will just demoralize yourself when you fail to meet them

I mean as a idea have you played Falskaar, that apparently took him 2k + hours to make, a whole year

Check my Discworld mod to in it's alpha stage it is 9 months and from what I have been told, slightly bigger than Falskaar so far, but I have random people helping with dungeons and lettign me use assets etc

Try not to set insane deadlines for yourself because then you will just demoralize yourself when you fail to meet them

1. AJV had all day every day too.

2. I've certainly demoralized myself over that, and then gone even slower because of that. My recommendation to the OP: Give yourself at LEAST 5 months.