What's the first thing you do...

Amoramor

Back in the days when I actually played the game, I always went to Vilverin and slew the two bandits there - then I when to Roxie inn or what it was called, and did the witch Quest, before I headed up to Aleswell to do that quest.

This was always my routine, since the first time I played the game! :)

Now though, I just mod, so the first thing I do when I create a character is to test the mod^^

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've pretty much settled into a routine ...

1. Shuttle back and forth between the Market District and the Prison Sewer, selling everything I'm not going to use (which is just about everything I can get my hands on).

2. Raid all the crates and bags and other containers I can find, and sell everything except alchemical ingredients.

3. Make a tour of the IC and the Isle to collect all the alchemical ingredients I can, and then make all the potions I can and sell them.

4. Buy some better weapons and armor.

5. Clear out Vilverin. At this point I have to decide whether or not I want to initiate the Dark Brotherhood quests. If so I attack the Boss at the end of Vilverin without waiting for him to attack me, so when I kill him it counts as "murder" and since there's nobody around to report it I don't have to go to jail.

6. Head to Aleswell to get my free room and non-respawning chest with the Zero Visibility quest, which is probably just about one of the easiest quests in the game.

7. Clear out all the caves on the Imperial City Isle.

8. Upgrade equipment with the money I get from all the loot I've collected and then head out to make a name for myself.

My first step is to field strip and clean my guns, and get ready for the real war to begin.

My second step is to take said guns and slam a .50 bolter shell through the eye of a vilverin bandit or two. Always, without fail, they are my first victim.

What I did before I modded? I killed Captain Renault in the tutorial to get in the DB. I went to jauffre and delivered the amulet to get the assistance they give (armor and weapons) then I ignored the main quest until I felt like doing it. Then I cleaned out vilverin and sold almost all of it. I proceeded to upgrade my armor and such. Once that was all done the game was begun.

Now? I just do stuff, I don't really have a ritual anymore... When I make a new character I plan out what he will do and to crush monotony I try different techniques of playing.

What I did before I modded? I killed Captain Renault in the tutorial to get in the DB.

You killed a level 40 knight dressed in heavy armor and armed with one of the best non-enchanted weapons in the game right out of the prison with no weapons and at first level -- and with no mods? Especially since she's tagged "essential" and can't be killed until her scripted death? o.O Do you mind letting us puny mortals who were having trouble with the rats, goblins, and mud crabs know just how you managed to do this? I have got to believe there was a mod involved there, somewhere, but you just don't remember installing it.

when i first spawn i unlock the gate go to the guy that talks to you and punch him square in the face and say oh shut up

This made my day.

As for me, tutorial dungeon--->then I go to the IC market district to do the Thoronir's quest--->Before giving out the amulet of kings I duplicate it so I can still use it (and sell those 399 copies of it to Thoronir) After that I do the mages guild and fighters guild quests and then I'm fighting at Kvatch.

you know i hadn't thought about this untill i read this thread, but i've realized i always follow a set pattern everytime i leave the sewers. I always turn right after the sewer exits and head up the hill to the right, swing left to the mini bay, kill the two mudcrabs, pick the nirn then double back up the hill, along the little ridge and up/round the side of the prison and into the Imperial city where i walk through to the IC market and go into slash and smash/best deff to sell/buy equipment, then i fast track back to the IC market door and head north east across the water and basially - wonder about over towards the jerall hills. After that theres no set path, i could go in any one of the caves/ruins i come across in there.

But yeh, i always seem to subconsciously do exactly the same thing, especially the part when i just exit the sewers, the path i take seems to barely stray more than a few feet difference each time. odd...