Information Way too late...

Chaosian

I've calmed down a bit now I was just looking to vent, yeah GFWL wasn't great by a long shot, I guess it was that ONE feature that I liked and Steam for the most part... well I don't even know what any of it's features are since I don't use it unless a game has to luanch using it.

And as far as the DLC being delayed I just didn't want to see us have to have a long wait like PS3 did just because they dropped Microsoft's live since from what I was told is why 360 is getting DLC first, cause Microsoft shelled the money out for it. (Not sure if that's wrong or right)

And yeah I got the PC version for indeed the mods, like most everyone here, but that isn't to say I didn't enjoy the DLC that Bethesda made.

I guess right, the press release didn't say anything about delays to the PC just like they didn't say anything either about it. So yes, I panic'ed.

Well here's hoping there are kick ass mods that people will make.

Also I apologize for having a really dumb ass first post.

I've calmed down a bit now I was just looking to vent, yeah GFWL wasn't great by a long shot, I guess it was that ONE feature that I liked and Steam for the most part... well I don't even know what any of it's features are since I don't use it unless a game has to luanch using it.

And as far as the DLC being delayed I just didn't want to see us have to have a long wait like PS3 did just because they dropped Microsoft's live since from what I was told is why 360 is getting DLC first, cause Microsoft shelled the money out for it. (Not sure if that's wrong or right)

And yeah I got the PC version for indeed the mods, like most everyone here, but that isn't to say I didn't enjoy the DLC that Bethesda made.

I guess right, the press release didn't say anything about delays to the PC just like they didn't say anything either about it. So yes, I panic'ed.

Well here's hoping there are kick ass mods that people will make.

Also I apologize for having a really dumb ass first post.

I will list some of the features of Steam that I like the most :

- Automatic patches my games with the newest version.

- Online Store. Its is way cheaper than buying a physic copy of the game ( if u count gas/shipment fee ) and I can re-download it any time, anywhere. I live in Brazil and theres no way I could get my copy of the game here on the launch day.

- They always make some special cheap offers like the star-war pack.

- Friends system. Just like a messenger, you can chat with your friends while playing any game, even if it dont support steam, you can just add it on the game library and it will work. Also voice-chat, groups, achievments.

- With the friends system I can see all the games my friends have and invite them to play it ( co-op, multiplayer ), etc...

Steam is a great system. its simple and does the job that it was intended to. If you use it for a while, you will notice how great steam really is and how easy it makes keeping your games updated.

"Next and probably more important is this, Xbox 360 is getting the DLC first?"

No, Xbox is getting the DLC. Period.

The DLC packs, according to some old article, 'exclusive' to Xbox.

Rubbish. Xbox gets it first, others get it later. According to some old article it says 'exclusive first release' to Xbox and even that isn't sure, according to the newest information.

We will get DLC, it's only the first DLC pack that is getting released first exclusively on the 360, however it will most likely come to the PC in future.

Or a copy will be modded in! :tongue:

Anyway, I'm surprised that "New Vegas is using Steamworks instead of GfWL" wasn't common knowledge. I do remember a whining session here and on the Bethesda forums over that.

my rant was not knocking on steam as a system, i just think the release time is a bit ludicrous. if that is the case then it should have been 3 am release party's on the east coast, all my point is.

You realize steam gives you an estimate about unlock time well before you give them money. If being able to play it at midnight your time is so important you should of bought it else where.