WHAT THE HELL MAN??!

Matt6sic6

I created a hat by opening one of the existing hats in GECK and changing the name and ID. Changed some stats and save as a new object. In game the hat is on the shoulder. I opened fnvedit and selected only the troublesome file. I only get two column on the right, One headed "blank" and the other "my mod". The "MODD - FaceGen Model Flags" is grayed out. Can anyone help with these issues. Thanks

I'm posting this from my work computer. If you'll hold out until I get home later tonight, I'll see if I can duplicate your problem and find a solution for you, ok Pshepa?

I'm posting this from my work computer. If you'll hold out until I get home later tonight, I'll see if I can duplicate your problem and find a solution for you, ok Pshepa?

I'm just now getting home myself. Does anybody have an idea idea what I may be doing wrong. Thanks for at least looking at it, Matt6sic6.

Alright Pshepa, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Try this out,

Open it up in FNVEdit, go to the troublesome headgear, go down to where it says "Male biped model", and in the cell to the right of "MODD FaceGen Model Flags" right click in the empty box and click "Add", click yes when the warning comes up, then right click on the cell again and select "Edit" and you'll get a window pop up that says "Edit Value" with a bunch of zeros, type the number "1" and hit ok, now save. This should fix the problem. Also, remember to check and see if you have a "MODD FaceGen Model Flags" under a section called "Female biped model" and do the same thing. If you don't have a "MODD FaceGen Model Flags" under "Female biped model" then do nothing.

Alright Pshepa, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Try this out,

Open it up in FNVEdit, go to the troublesome headgear, go down to where it says "Male biped model", and in the cell to the right of "MODD FaceGen Model Flags" right click in the empty box and click "Add", click yes when the warning comes up, then right click on the cell again and select "Edit" and you'll get a window pop up that says "Edit Value" with a bunch of zeros, type the number "1" and hit ok, now save. This should fix the problem. Also, remember to check and see if you have a "MODD FaceGen Model Flags" under a section called "Female biped model" and do the same thing. If you don't have a "MODD FaceGen Model Flags" under "Female biped model" then do nothing.

That worked. Thanks a lot.

There's also an alternate way to do this with new hats. I had noticed a similar issue to Fallout 3 and I found that it's a lot easier to rotate your new hat model to a -90 angle on the Y axis in NifSkope. It'll show up normally in the game without all the hassle.

thanks for the information. very good. i did, however, discover a MUCH simpler fix... or sorts. using NVEdit, i noticed that my mod had a ton of armor in the file that i never modified, but did look at. i thought this may be some kind of 'oops! he touched it, better save it' kind of situation. i thought to myself 'there's no way i'm going to reset the flag on ALL of these items... especially since the Master File all had them properly set. this got me thinking...

anyway. i boldly selected everything that wasn't a part of my mods, scipts, &c. and them selected 'Remove' from the rightclickmenu (the one near the bottom of the list). i switched the flag for my mod and exited, saving the file as i did. it saved easily.

then i kicked up the game & PRESTO!! the result was that ALL headgear was now behaving properly and the mod file itself was smaller... which is better.

WR! :woot: