I seem to be able to save an .esp flagged as an .esm in the GECK...?

templeofninpo

I seem to be able to save an .esp flagged as an .esm in the GECK. Everything I've read on the internet says the GECK cannot make these the active plugin.

When loading I clicked the 'make active plugin', the word 'Master' beside my plugin did not change but I selected ok anyway.

When I saved, it saves as my plugin, not asking what I would want to name my new plugin.

Is this legit or is it lying to me a bit and I'm screwing my mod?

Cheers

Most likely not, the PowerUp can find many more errors than the regular GECK (such as telling you why scripts don't save and such). In most cases these errors are harmless and come from the vanilla game.

And glad to hear you're using my resources. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Edited by Jokerine

I've been using both the regular and the powerup GECKs (up until recently when I found the 'flag as master' fix for glitchy navmesh/npc stuff). So I'm familiar with the powerup one. (I've been using the regular one for more 'object' oriented sessions and the powerup for more scripty stuff)

Also, I, at the same time, changed the bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles to 1 (re: mismatched skintone fix)... but that shouldn't introduce errors in the GECK should it?

anyhoo, I'm going to plug along...

It shouldn't be a problem, I had to flag my current mod as master as well to fix the skin mismatch (the bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles didn't do a thing...) and some other stuff. I'm editing the .esm directly with the PowerUp, very convenient indeed. Good luck with your mod :thumbsup:

Edited by Jokerine

Ummm, I don't want to presume anything beyond the fact that you probably know a lot more about modding than I do, but did you change the bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles in all three .inis? It was a first for me, I thought all the npcs I had ever made were supposed to look crappy, now they look awesome. Ah, the learning curve.

That I did, indeed. I'm not sure why it didn't work but I don't mind it much. It was fixed with the file being an esm so, all is good :smile:

Edited by Jokerine