Fallout NV crashing at Bethesda logo

Hello, I have had an issue come up today where Fallout New Vegas will crash at the Bethesda logo. More specifically, I load up my game through the FNV4GB icon, and when the Bethesda logo appears, a black screen appears, and FNV is minimised to the taskbar. Clicking on the taskbar icon will bring up the black screen again, which then promptly minimises. The intro music continues to play while FNV is minimised in this way. Right-clicking on the icon on the taskbar while it has been minimised and selecting the Fallout NV option will bring up the error message "The program can't start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

I checked and steam_api.dll is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas.

Furthermore, after verifying the integrity of the game cache, Steam informed me that two files were missing and would be reacquired, but following that the game still crashes at the same Bethesda logo.

I have 8GB of RAM, run Windows 7 64-bit and have a GTX 660M. I run around 10-15 mods and use the Nexus Mod Manager. I would like to point out that yesterday FNV was working fine on a fairly new save file (I've just come out of Doc Mitchell's house), and all of the mods seemed to be working (I could see the Ojo Bueno textures working, and Sunny Smiles had changed under New Vegas Redesigned 3). I have not changed my mods or added any new ones today, so I cannot see why the game was loading fine yesterday and not today when to my knowledge nothing has been altered.

To finish the post, I'll leave the contents of the file FNV4GB.txt in C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\falloutnv which seemed to update every time the game crashed:

Loader: Getting windows version - 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Loader: Address Space Size = 0xFAF0B000
Loader: Getting executable name - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\fnv4gb.exe
Loader: Parsing Command Line...
Loader: Trying to get game path from Bethesda Softworks registry key
Loader: Attmepting to open HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\FalloutNV - Failed
Loader: Trying to get game path from Steam registry key
Loader: Attmepting to open HKLM\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam - Succeeded
Loader: Attempting to query size of "InstallPath" value - Succeeded
Loader: Attempting to query "InstallPath" value - Succeeded
Loader: Changing directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas
Loader: Original exe is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\FalloutNV.exe
Loader: LAA exe is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\exes\FalloutNV.exe
Loader: Validating original exe...
Loader: Validation passed
Loader: Making sure original and LAA exe are not the same file - They aren't
Loader: Making sure this executable is not C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\FalloutNV.exe - It isn't
Loader: Making sure this executable is not C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\exes\FalloutNV.exe - It isn't
Loader: Original exe doesn't have LAA flag set as required.
Loader: Getting file attributes for original exe
Loader: Checking if file attributes for original exe and LAA exe match - They did.
Loader: Validating and checking status of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\exes\FalloutNV.exe...
Loader: seems good
Loader: Setting SteamAppId environment variable to 22380 (Fallout New Vegas)
Loader: Setting SteamGameId environment variable to 22380
Loader: Creating process: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\exes\FalloutNV.exe"
Loader: Allocating memory buffer in child procress - Success. Buffer at FFFA0000
Loader: Getting handle to Kernel32
Loader: Getting filename of Kernel32
Loader: Getting module information for Kernel32
Loader: Creating remote thread to initialize libraries
Loader: Waiting for remote thread to exit
Loader: Getting number of modules loaded in child process
Loader: Getting handles to modules loaded in child process
Loader: Looking for handle to Kernel32 in module handle list from child process
Loader: Injecting dll loader code into child process.
Loader: Writing injection data into child process.
Loader: Creating remote thread to load helper dll
Loader: Waiting for remote thread to exit
fnv4gb_helper: successfully injected
Executable filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\exes\FalloutNV.exe
Executable address: 0x400000
Address Space Size = 0xFA4D3000
Resetting LAA Bit
Getting Handle to KERNEL32 - Succeeded
Redirecting GetModuleFileNameA
Loading additional DLLs
Attempting to load nvse_steam_loader.dll - Succeeded
fnv4gb_helper: returning from CompleteInjection
Loader: Checking if LAA has any effect - It does.
Loader: Checking if LAA flag worked for child process - It Did
Loader: Starting main thread in child process
Loader: Waiting for child process to exit
..\tier1\fileio.cpp (4002) : Assertion Failed: m_nNumRegisteredWriters == 0
Loader: Exiting

Thanks for the response. It would appear I have found a (temporary) fix to my issue. I looked at the order of my plugins in NMM and the New Vegas Redesigned 3 plugins had moved to positions in the order that appeared to be causing a conflict. The two esm files were above TribalPack.esm, so I moved those to below FCOMaster.esm, and I moved the esp to the penultimate slot in the load order.