How To Become A Modder

simplywayne90

Just found this thread --- thanks for all the links and encouragement. I've just started to get interested in modding... I'd like to mod Fallout 3 but will probably mod FNV instead simply because FNV almost never crashes on me and FO3 almost never doesn't crash, so for the sake of my own sanity I will stick with the game that seems less crash prone on my system.

I've started with the FNV GECK and am building the sample Vault 74... which makes me impatient because I want to build my own stuff, but I want to learn it from the ground up. I wish I didn't have to go to work; I would love to be at home working on it right now. But I am a complete noobie --- I don't undertsnad anything yet, so I have a lot to learn.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am interested in learning how to mod but not making weapons or quests. I want to make a mod that changes combat in the game eg dual wielding melee weapons, pistols, smg's ect. I would like to know where to get started with something like this because I don't think you can do this stuff in the G.E.C.K. I know this might be a bit too ambitious for a first mod and I might be an idiot for thinking I can pull it off but all the same I would like to give it a try. Can someone please point me in the right direction?