Recently i upgrade my PC to get decent FPS for playing in Kinematic ENB Southern Light, i use Extreme Edition

at First it was going well outside whiterun, with this texture

-2k Texture

-Vividian Landscape

-Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

and then i uninstall all of them, changing to Texture Pack Combiner instead

it require 2k Texture, SRO, and serious HD Skyrim

as for Optional Texture i install many of them

but suddenly my FPS drop to 15 FPS with annoying stuttering, it get worse in place with many grass, dragon bridge, south dragon bridge, and soon

i suspicious about my RAM, but i am not sure if its the cause

anybody help?

Here is My PC Spec

Motherboard ASUS B85M-G

Intel i5 4440 3.2 GHz

4GB RAM Corsair Vengeance

1 TB WD Harddisk

Corsair 550 VX PSU

Zotac GTX 770 AMP Edition 2GB VRAM

Edited by sanul17

K ENB EXTREME IS NOT MENT FOR NORMAL GAMEPLAY! (Screenarchery only for normal PCs). Use only performance for gtx 770. This is the most taxing enb you can find for skyrim (Quality preset -> 30+ fps with gtx 780 ti).

You can get Skyrim Performance Monitor and check your vram usage.

Texture Pack Combiner is nice and all, but you might be better off picking texture packs yourself in order to get better performance with your gpu/cpu.

Mods I can recommend:

SMIM Lite

NobleSkyrimMod HD (1k for more performance, covers misc items, furniture, doors, wood and stonework, smim textures)

Tamriel Reloaded HD (Landscape and towns with parallax, old version was in 1k if you need more fps. No Grass & Trees esp from optional files.)

Vivid Landscapes - All in One (1k for exteriors)

One Mountain - To Rule Them All (performance mountain mesh)

+Tamriel Reloaded Mountains - One Mountain patch (meshes)

+Tamriel Reloaded Mountains 1k textures

Realistic Water Two (medium resolution)

+Watercolor for Enb and Realistic Water Two

RUSTIC CLUTTER COLLECTION by Gamwich (1k)

and/or Realistic HD Food (performance)

+Realistic HD Misc (performance)

Realistic HD Mushrooms (performance)

RUSTIC SOULGEMS by Gamwich and Saerileth (1k)

Elaborate Textiles (good performance with mods adding more npcs to towns)

+Enb 0.265/0.266 for terrain parallax (only if you use landscape-ground textures from these packs: Tamriel Reloaded HD, Tamu75 Parallax, Skyrim Parallax 2015, Vivid Landscapes - Tundra)

Try Straylight ENB (sharp and close in palette colors to vanilla) or Tranquility ENB (almost same quality as K enb, but with better performance).

If your fps allows it get aMidianBorn Book of Silence.

Replace Skyrim Flora Overhauil with Skysight - Simply Bigger Trees + Verdant grass plugin (512 res and set iMinGrassSize=85 or more in skyrim.ini)

Other performance mods:

Skyrim Performance PLUS

Skyrim Project Optimization by rgabriel15

Unofficial Enhanced Lights and FX ELFX SMIM ENB fps performance patch (if you use those mods)

The Ruffled Feather - Mod Collection by SparrowPrince -> Decrease Those Plants

PS: Make sure to properly edit your enblocal.ini to get most of enb performance hack.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

K ENB EXTREME IS NOT MENT FOR NORMAL GAMEPLAY! (Screenarchery only for normal PCs). Use only performance for gtx 770. This is the most taxing enb you can find for skyrim (Quality preset -> 30+ fps with gtx 780 ti).

You can get Skyrim Performance Monitor and check your vram usage.

Texture Pack Combiner is nice and all, but you might be better off picking texture packs yourself in order to get better performance with your gpu/cpu.

Mods I can recommend:

SMIM Lite

NobleSkyrimMod HD (1k for more performance, covers misc items, furniture, doors, wood and stonework, smim textures)

Tamriel Reloaded HD (Landscape and towns with parallax, old version was in 1k if you need more fps. No Grass & Trees esp from optional files.)

Vivid Landscapes - All in One (1k for exteriors)

One Mountain - To Rule Them All (performance mountain mesh)

+Tamriel Reloaded Mountains - One Mountain patch (meshes)

+Tamriel Reloaded Mountains 1k textures

Realistic Water Two (medium resolution)

+Watercolor for Enb and Realistic Water Two

RUSTIC CLUTTER COLLECTION by Gamwich (1k)

and/or Realistic HD Food (performance)

+Realistic HD Misc (performance)

Realistic HD Mushrooms (performance)

RUSTIC SOULGEMS by Gamwich and Saerileth (1k)

Elaborate Textiles (good performance with mods adding more npcs to towns)

+Enb 0.265/0.266 for terrain parallax (only if you use landscape-ground textures from these packs: Tamriel Reloaded HD, Tamu75 Parallax, Skyrim Parallax 2015, Vivid Landscapes - Tundra)

Try Straylight ENB (sharp and close in palette colors to vanilla) or Tranquility ENB (almost same quality as K enb, but with better performance).

If your fps allows it get aMidianBorn Book of Silence.

Replace Skyrim Flora Overhauil with Skysight - Simply Bigger Trees + Verdant grass plugin (512 res and set iMinGrassSize=85 or more in skyrim.ini)

Other performance mods:

Skyrim Performance PLUS

Skyrim Project Optimization by rgabriel15

Unofficial Enhanced Lights and FX ELFX SMIM ENB fps performance patch (if you use those mods)

The Ruffled Feather - Mod Collection by SparrowPrince -> Decrease Those Plants

PS: Make sure to properly edit your enblocal.ini to get most of enb performance hack.

So its VRAM then? if i add more RAM, will it increase more FPS?

i already tried use Skyrim Peformance Monitor but it didnt work, maybe i try to configure it again

i didnt use SFO anymore, i use Verdant with 512 res and iMinGrassSize= 80

It's everything put together. You have very little vram and ram, not the fastest graphic card and installed high quality textures. On top of that enb preset that makes gtx 980 beg for mercy.

More ram always helps a bit with enb and game stability, but you will be always limited by your gpu, so you have to adjust your mods a bit. Extreme K enb preset is no go. Try performance.

Change this in your enblocal.ini.

[MEMORY]

ReservedMemorySizeMb=128

(increase to 256 if you keep stuttering)

VideoMemorySizeMb=4096

*(RAM + VRAM - 2048 = )

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

Make sure you have disabled AA / AF / FXAA for Skyrim (launcher settings or skyrim.ini file edits, nvidia profile).

It's everything put together. You have very little vram and ram, not the fastest graphic card and installed high quality textures. On top of that enb preset that makes gtx 980 beg for mercy.

More ram always helps a bit with enb and game stability, but you will be always limited by your gpu, so you have to adjust your mods a bit. Extreme K enb preset is no go. Try performance.

Change this in your enblocal.ini.

[MEMORY]

ReservedMemorySizeMb=128

(increase to 256 if you keep stuttering)

VideoMemorySizeMb=4096

*(RAM + VRAM - 2048 = )

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

Make sure you have disabled AA / AF / FXAA for Skyrim (launcher settings or skyrim.ini file edits, nvidia profile).

LOL, i aware of that but still i cant win against that beutiful scenery

i'll try the peformance edition, but is it still good looking with some of features disabled?

or maybe i changed to another ENB, any advice?

i look for realism with good scenery, just like Kinematic ENB Southern Light

fantasy looking like pUre light is good too, but i prefer realism

Edited by sanul17

LOL, i aware of that but still i cant win against that beutiful scenery

i'll try the peformance edition, but is it still good looking with some of features disabled?

I have tried performance and quality vs extreme. Performance is less defined and shiny. Palette color stays the same, just the shadows are not as dark (shadow detail and ssao level are lower). It is still a very good and unique preset.

or maybe i changed to another ENB, any advice?

i look for realism with good scenery, just like Kinematic ENB Southern Light

fantasy looking like pUre light is good too, but i prefer realism

:wink:

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

Thank you so much for your guidance :smile:

i already tried Tranquility but i changed it to Elder Blood and then i find this ENB,

maybe i'll triy straylight,

one more thing if i changed to Tranquilty, should i changed all of HD texutres i installed? because when i use that enb, i only used 2k texture, with my old GTX 660, and it run fine in average 30 fps

and how about this ENB?

i am sorry for too much asking

Edited by sanul17

Somber is light and a good enb. I see you want that pinky-milky tint?\

The two vision enb, z enb, The Seasons of Skyrim, mistevil (nailed it.) all good enbs.

Yeah i love that kind of ENB, but i love realism more,

thanks man :)

one more thing if i changed to Tranquilty, should i changed all of HD texutres i installed? because when i use that enb, i only used 2k texture, with my old GTX 660, and it run fine in average 30 fps

You should check your vram usage with performance monitor firts. If you get too close to 2gb cap, or your fps drops too much, replace some 2k textures with perforamnce 1k.

and how about this ENB?

i am sorry for too much asking

I used old Somber Enb preset and it was nice (non lucida). Since you liked Elder Blood, you might this one too. K enbs tend to sharpen image while Somber softens it. It's not most performance friendly, yet still much lighter than K enb series.