Skyrim Crashing on Save

Kretzge

So I recently did some working around and clearing up of my mod folder and discovered after I returned to the game that my main character can no longer save, or do anything that causes the game to save. This problem is strangely restricted only to my main character, which makes me believe it a problem with the specific save file, my two alts can load and save perfectly fine.

Ive tried several things such as dying ( which caused a CTD), Waiting ( Immediate CTD), and going outside ( CTD) and none of them have worked. Ive tried two different save cleaners which have done nothing noticeable and even gone in and cleaned my master files, all to no avail.

I can move around the map only through console commands, as they don't cause autosaves, but as soon as I do anything save-related Im instantly back on the steam homepage.

I have also tried the whole loading an old save, saving and killing yourself thing, but again, I CTD on dying.

If theres anything you can suggest please do so. Im at my wits end here with my 300+ Hour character.

Are you saving over saves? I learned the hard way that the game doesn't like this.

If your alts aren't affected by this I don't think it's in regards to any game files as it would, I would think, affect everything. Have you loaded a game, minimized, deleted the saves, and then resave? Now, that I'm thinking of it auto saves are separate files. You can change when and if - IIRC - the game auto-saves in the game properties.

Run the save game script cleaner to clear out orphan scripts and then try saving. If you CTD check your papyrus log to see what the last line is. Take that info and disable the mod crashing the game and see if you can save.