custom follower won't follow!

Catwith777

I have almost everything for the mod set up, but he won't follow me! The file is attached.

Any help is appreciated!

I do see dialogue, he says my recorded voice and everything.

Yes he is a custom voiced follower. I made him myself.

He can be found in Castle Craalud Keep just South of Castle Volkihar.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Catwith777

Hey Catwith,

I'll try to help but it is difficult with a lack of details.

Sidenote for others: when you need help, more information is usually better. Simply saying something isn't working may delay people's ability to help you out ;)

Is it that there is no dialogue showing? Is it a follower you made or someone else's? Is it a custom voiced follower?

One thing to try is saving in front of the follower and then loading that save, but I believe this only works if you are not seeing any dialogue and I believe that only generally happens with a custom voiced follower.

If that doesn't work, please answer the questions I asked and provide more information and hopefully we can get you right.

I don't see any attached files (and that could be my fault rather than yours because I am tired, lol) but I appreciate you answering the questions, but now I do have a few more.

You say he uses your recorded voice, but did you record the lines for the follower to follow you? Did you add those lines to the existing follower dialogue or it is separate?

You see the dialogue, so that means you can ask him to follow you he just doesn't follow you after you ask him to follow?

If it is a situation where you ask him to follow you, he says okay, but then does nothing, then my guess would be that you're missing script fragments in the dialogue to tell him what to do after he says, "Okay."

But it really depends on the method you used to create this follower as to what you should do. If you put him in the existing dialogue for followers (which works, but will make your mod conflict with any other follower that does the same) then you should be able to simply copy paste the script fragment from another dialogue response and paste it into your custom one.

If you used a different way, you would need to specify which way you chose and we can go from there.

I duplicated from an existing follower dialogue, deleted the original words from the duplicate and wrote new lines and recorded for that. Yes, I see the dialogue on the screen and he says my recorded lines/voice, he just doesn't follow. I suppose he is missing script fragments and yes I put the lines in the dialogue quest for followers (and i put his other none follow - me related dialogue in a new category under quests which he is saying) .

Turns out I cannot attach the file because it is too big - he has a castle.

Yeah you probably just missing the fragment, double check your follower has the fragment what ever it is .. somesomething.SetFollower(akspeaker) or obviously he will say his dialogue but the game will do nothing else since it has no direction.

I duplicated from an existing follower dialogue, deleted the original words from the duplicate and wrote new lines and recorded for that. Yes, I see the dialogue on the screen and he says my recorded lines/voice, he just doesn't follow. I suppose he is missing script fragments and yes I put the lines in the dialogue quest for followers (and i put his other none follow - me related dialogue in a new category under quests which he is saying) .

Turns out I cannot attach the file because it is too big - he has a castle.

Definitely sounds like a missing script fragment or perhaps the NPC is missing the proper factions.

If you could, upload your file to something like mediafire. Then paste the link here and then we would be able to take a look at the file.

I think you'll have to compress it first before uploading it to mediafire but it is free.

• 3 years later...

https://i.postimg.cc/WzWKsRxk/72850-20181219183845-1.png

https://i.postimg.cc/0j2Fg5Xv/72850-20181219183922-1.png

https://i.postimg.cc/xdhWzSdy/72850-20181219184016-1.png

I go them ingame, but for some reason they're completely broken and wont follow me. Everything is set up correctly, but something must have gone wrong. All other followers work etc. I've tried fixing it for a few hours. But it looks like i'm going to have to do everything from scratch. I'm gonna see if i can just remake them within the mod to save on time. If not It'll probably be tomorrow before i can have it up. it's always something with the creation kit, lol.

This is weird. So i changed Lamae's voice to Even Toned and now she works as a follower. I have RDO installed though so the elf voice should work. I have more testing to do, because the dialog option wont even show up Morrigan. So i'll see if changing her voice Aurelian's voice fixes them.

If you want, i can have them keep the voices you wanted and you can see if they work for you in SSE.