"Proper" khajit and argonian bodyshapes/animations

MarkInMKUK

@da mage

I have the mod set up so that it also updates any time an actor equips or unequips something, done by using event handlers, which means that 'evp' should work fine. However, actors don't tend to update their 3D when they equip an item at the start of combat, which is something I am looking into.

As a general warning: npcs do not like to be edited. If you edit large numbers of NPC's, be careful, or your game will crash.

Edited by jswordsman

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@da mage

I have the mod set up so that it also updates any time an actor equips or unequips something, done by using event handlers, which means that 'evp' should work fine. However, actors don't tend to update their 3D when they equip an item at the start of combat, which is something I am looking into.

As a general warning: npcs do not like to be edited. If you edit large numbers of NPC's, be careful, or your game will crash.

I wonder if this explains why my game crashed after editing (a clone of) Jauffre with animations? I used the (correct) new form ID, removed his script and AI packages - then added some animations via tokens and a "use it at" AI package. My game crashed.

It also crashed a few months ago when I tried to edit Mehrunes Dagon and the ToddShieldMan from Toddland. (my first foray into the Construction Set, I'm sure everyone's first time they grab Mehrunes Dagon and try to pit him against one of the Todd Howard's).

@da mage

correct me if Im wrong but, wouldnt that use a lot of scripting power checking all the NPC constantly?

Also, how do you assign event handlers like that to an NPC? I've never heard of such a thing

@ da mage

I'm not sure how much scripting power it takes to scan all the npcs, but in general you can run large numbers of scripts at the same time oblivion won't have a problem with it. Basically NPC scanning consists of a GetFirstRef/NextRef loop, followed by storing the npc's in arrays. I also provide the option to distance check but this is disabled by default because GetDistance is notoriously CPU heavy. I have not noticed any difference in my computer's performance when using these functions but things will vary from computer to computer.

The event handlers I use are the OnEquip and OnUnequip event handlers. You can find them on the obse homepage. These basically just check to see if an actor is about to equip or unequip an item. The cool part is that since they are called just before the event happens everything is completely seamless.

• 3 weeks later...

Well things are getting closer. I've sent Mark some meshes to try out in the form of a beta mod. I've also had success with jswordsmans body shapes mod. It does what I was unable to do and exchanges the vanilla meshes for mine as well as equips the new body parts as a suit when unclothed. I still need to do some NPC testing and maybe work out a couple of tweaks for HGEC compatibility with Roberts (if possible) but as I said, things are looking up and great progress has been made.

RP

Hi RazorPony - thanks for the meshes. I'll try and get that installed this afternoon if nothing crops up, and give you some feedback ASAP. Thanks for all the hard work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mod is now up on the server, http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40853

INcludes all meshes for Roberts male and female. HGEC is still in the works.

RP

May I just say - BRILLIANT WORK *blows a fanfare*

Edited by MarkInMKUK