"Proper" khajit and argonian bodyshapes/animations

MarkInMKUK

Hello Alll.

(Tips hat/Nods to Semtex)

I've tried my Nifscope & CS-skills & have been found "Wanting"(LOL). I thought I'd overcome the Lower Body/Foot Prob. altogether!.(Common "NOOB" Asumption).. but after conversing(?)..with Semtex, I realized I'm way out of my league here, & not even remotely qualified to offer "Advise" or "Fix" (Just Opinion) on this subject, (Hoped I could "FINALLY(?)"Contribute Something Helpful/Usefull) I seem to have used an approach thats been done (Too) many times, & obviously(?) "is-not" what you are all trying to accomplish here.

I truly hope this thread doesn't die or reach "Abandoned" status. As I'm sure I speak for "Multitudes" of players stating "We would never had had such awesome mods, without people like you trying their hardest to improve our playing experience". I would still offer my Limited/Noob skills (Such as they are/LOL) if asked, but would prob. Hinder, rather than help the endgame results (Sighs to self)....

Anyways, good luck to you all & I hope you'll all keep in mind that even though most of us can't mod...we feel like we are a part of this project too...(Waiting to play them I Mean) Bloodguard

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mALX1 - please feel free to post details of Work-in-progress and bugs with it here - as it's totally relevant to the thread and you've got some of the most talented and Khajiit-friendly people on the Nexus already here. Decently animated tails would REALLY enhance the Khajiit, and I'm sure both the Argonian and Anthro-Dragon races would show emotion through their tails too.

I didn't see this response - thank you! I watched the vids of JazzJaRa's Khajiit tail movements and was awestruck by them - exactly what I was hoping for! She had been having problems with the weight of the tail when the Khajiit was moving rapidly (either running or dodging in battle) but the idle movements were perfect. I've been hoping for a mod that would animate tail movement for a long time, and got pretty excited by Drake's Dragon tail curling up when he was jumping. He is the one that directed me to JazzJaRa's work on the Khajiit tails. Here are two vids of JazzJaRa's work on animating the Khajiit tail (in case anyone knows her and can exert leverage or bribes to get her to continue her amazing work on animating the Khajiit tail, lol):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQnE6t0fg2w

http://www.youtube.com/user/JazzJaRa#p/u/0/KShdycdrPBI

It appears Razorpony is waiting on a gifted scripter to pick up Drakes script and get it ready for use, then maybe we'll get something up and running for the Khajiits. Any volunteers?

It appears Razorpony is waiting on a gifted scripter to pick up Drakes script and get it ready for use, then maybe we'll get something up and running for the Khajiits. Any volunteers?

Here is a link to a total genius at scripting. I've never seen such clean/concise scripts! I've been hinting my head off for him to write a script for Player Voice that takes BruceVaynes a step further with an extension to the regionally based (and Quest based) dialogue set-ups ... (heck, I hinted my head off to BruceVayne too!) - but so far both have ignored my pleas.

http://www.tesnexus.com/modules/members/index.php?id=79655

its good ppl havent abandoned this project and hello new ppl :D

feel free to give ideas thats all i do all i got is very basic cs understanding

never had the time to learn scripts mesh working or texture work beyond edits <_< and that tail anim

does look amazing only weird part is how it flips up at the end a bipedal cat would only sway his/her tail left and right

would it not?

this mod will be great too bad its only getting done a few months before skyrim is out xD

gameplay video Khajiit in Skyrim (camera rip):

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-11-elder-scrolls/720773

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-11-elder-scrolls/720774

Khajiit Feet still look be "human". Then works, which makes Razorpony and DrakeTheDragon, are therefore still current and will be current for Skyrim too.

Edited by Semtex

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than sit back and wait for things to change on the scripting front, I've decided to go ahead and Update my Armored Paws N Tails mod with the new meshes I've been working on. This way any of you who are interested can playtest them and see how they work. This will be a shop/merchant mod that adds a smith to the town of Borderwatch. You may purchase any of the new items from him.

Progress so far:

Shop and merchant are complete.

All khajiit boots and greaves for Roberts male and female are included.

HGEC body is finished.

HGEC pawarmor complete

Still to do:

Copy pawarmor meshes to HGEC foot. Should be simple. *crosses fingers* Done

Resize greaves to fit HGEC lower.

Redo tailarmor meshes and attach them to greaves.

I'm going to try to get the mod out by October at the latest. I also have several unreleased weapons and maybe an armor or two to include at a later date. Wish me luck and I'll keep people posted on progress as usual.

RP

Edited by razorpony

I'm going to try to get the mod out by October at the latest. I also have several unreleased weapons and maybe an armor or two to include at a later date. Wish me luck and I'll keep people posted on progress as usual.

RP

Hi Razorpony.

When you release it, if you can package it as a "resource pack" with the custom meshes and a separate pack with the trader and shop addition, then it'll be easy for the scripted version to be added and not add any unneeded clutter to people's files.

Personally I'll be trying the version above out, of course - and will then hope Drake gets some time to pick up the script and finish it off. Great work!

Edited by MarkInMKUK

mALX1 - please feel free to post details of Work-in-progress and bugs with it here - as it's totally relevant to the thread and you've got some of the most talented and Khajiit-friendly people on the Nexus already here. Decently animated tails would REALLY enhance the Khajiit, and I'm sure both the Argonian and Anthro-Dragon races would show emotion through their tails too.

I didn't see this response - thank you! I watched the vids of JazzJaRa's Khajiit tail movements and was awestruck by them - exactly what I was hoping for! She had been having problems with the weight of the tail when the Khajiit was moving rapidly (either running or dodging in battle) but the idle movements were perfect. I've been hoping for a mod that would animate tail movement for a long time, and got pretty excited by Drake's Dragon tail curling up when he was jumping. He is the one that directed me to JazzJaRa's work on the Khajiit tails. Here are two vids of JazzJaRa's work on animating the Khajiit tail (in case anyone knows her and can exert leverage or bribes to get her to continue her amazing work on animating the Khajiit tail, lol):

JazzJR is male ;) And as far as i know he isn't currently working on these animations anymore. He wasn't active for long time even at the official Forums, after getting banned here.

JazzJR is male ;) And as far as i know he isn't currently working on these animations anymore. He wasn't active for long time even at the official Forums, after getting banned here.

I didn't know the gender of JazzJaRa, when in doubt I always use "ship rules" and call it a she. These tail animation vids were done in March of this year if I am not mistaken. As far as a cat's tail just wagging side to side - I have to disagree with Hellchosen on that. Cat's tails are not the same as dog tails, they curl into all kinds of shapes; I doubt the biped stance would change that ability and limit them to dog tail movement.