"Proper" khajit and argonian bodyshapes/animations

MarkInMKUK

I didn't know the gender of JazzJaRa, when in doubt I always use "ship rules" and call it a she. These tail animation vids were done in March of this year if I am not mistaken. As far as a cat's tail just wagging side to side - I have to disagree with Hellchosen on that. Cat's tails are not the same as dog tails, they curl into all kinds of shapes; I doubt the biped stance would change that ability and limit them to dog tail movement.

The Videos are from May. But as i said, he isn't currently working on the animations. Neither he is playing Oblivion atm. Cats can more their tail to almost every direction and also have some more movements with it other then a dog.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know the gender of JazzJaRa, when in doubt I always use "ship rules" and call it a she. These tail animation vids were done in March of this year if I am not mistaken. As far as a cat's tail just wagging side to side - I have to disagree with Hellchosen on that. Cat's tails are not the same as dog tails, they curl into all kinds of shapes; I doubt the biped stance would change that ability and limit them to dog tail movement.

The Videos are from May. But as i said, he isn't currently working on the animations. Neither he is playing Oblivion atm. Cats can more their tail to almost every direction and also have some more movements with it other then a dog.

I agree with you on that. I've seen my cat make its tail into an S, put it straight up and hook the end back down, etc. Not playing Oblivion ... GAAAAH! Lol. Right now I think everyone on the planet is playing GOW3, lol. Me, I'm still playing Oblivion and trying to get my Khajiit's tail moving, lol.

Dunno if you guys are interested,

but I've got my scripts for custom body meshes working finally, where I can put in a custom body mesh without having to have custom meshes for everything.....eg, using a skeleton mesh: Pic

might be useful for those proper feet or whatever :smile:

Edited by da mage

Dunno if you guys are interested,

but I've got my scripts for custom body meshes working finally, where I can put in a custom body mesh without having to have custom meshes for everything.....eg, using a skeleton mesh: Pic

might be useful for those proper feet or whatever :smile:

You can't imagine how much I am interested!

...well, maybe you can... :sweat:

I'm currently unable to do much in regards to scripting and such, but I'm very curious to know how it's working... and how you got the body meshes out of these clothes!

You can't imagine how much I am interested!

...well, maybe you can... :sweat:

I'm currently unable to do much in regards to scripting and such, but I'm very curious to know how it's working... and how you got the body meshes out of these clothes!

I've recently been chasing up DragoonWraith for some functions in nifse that I've been asking for a while....namely, those that let me identify and then delete skin meshes. Basically I look for nitristrips in a mesh that have a material called 'skin' i then delete that nitristrip...EDIT: and if you're wondering, that functionality is in testing right now, so its not up on the normal download for nifse.

I then do the normal thing, replace the clothing/armor item with my own item that has the same stats etc, so it looks seamless to the palyer. To try and get around the problem of my faked item not being the real thing I have been working on a script so the item is only replaced if an NPC is also using it in the same cell as the player. This means that unique items and most quest items that only the player will ever use will not be replaced, letting the script for them keep working.

I plan on having this script in an .esm, then race mods can set themselves up to use it simply by added it's token item to the player (I will incorperate it so that if you need only certain slots will replace...aka only the feet for example). I havent even looked into make it NPC compatiable yet though.

My system isnt flawless yet, i cant do hands in first person, but that should be fixed when I get the ability to copy branches between nifs....which will essentially allow me to script my own slots, by combine meshes together as I want to....on that note, the copy function is being tested on an example pauldrons mod.

Edited by da mage

I have just uploaded the newest update to my True Body Shapes mod on the nexus if anyone is intreseted. It includes the ability to automaticly use diffrent meshes for npc's based on their race and other factors, without the use of cloneforms. It is still buggy, but I do feel that it is a good representation of what could be done to add variation to khajiits and argonians.

I have just uploaded the newest update to my True Body Shapes mod on the nexus if anyone is intreseted. It includes the ability to automaticly use diffrent meshes for npc's based on their race and other factors, without the use of cloneforms. It is still buggy, but I do feel that it is a good representation of what could be done to add variation to khajiits and argonians.

Ooh, nice paws and claws!

may i ask how this works?

How can you modify the item shapes without using different meshes? and if you're not cloneforming....changing, for example, the leather cuirass...wouldnt that effect everyone that is using the leather cuirass?

I looked at your mod, but it has so many scripts and I cant figure it out. EDIT: You mighten use cloneform, but you do use dummy items....which is the same as what I use.

Edited by da mage

@da mage

1. Yes

2. You do need new meshes, but I don't provide any, you need to find them yourself. This is mod merely allows the large number of body replacers to be used at the same time.

3. Normaly the meshes would apply to everyone but there is a nice feature about the oblivion engine that I exploit: Actor's 3D data sticks. So I can modify the biped path, equip the item and then modify it back. The dummy items are merely used as a way to unequip items when I am processing new npcs i.e. when entering a new cell. I had originally intended for these to be cloneforms but that would cause save game bloat so I wanted to avoid it. They exist for about 1-4 frames before they are removed meaning you hardly ever see them.

Sorry about script messiness. I added parts as I needed them and did not do a very good job of documenting what I was doing. If I have time I plan on trimming them down, but right now I concerned that everything would fall apart if I did.

@mALX1

I renamed meshes created by Razorpony so that they would automatically be added to khajiits.

Edited by jswordsman

@da mage

1. Yes

2. You do need new meshes, but I don't provide any, you need to find them your self. This is mod mearly allows the large number of body replacers to be used at the same time.

3.Normaly the meshes would apply to everyone but there is a nice feature about the oblivion engine that I exploit: Actor's 3D data sticks. So I can modify the biped path, equip the item and then modify it back. The dummy items are mearly used as a way to unequip items when I am processing new npcs i.e when entering a new cell. I had originaly inteded fo these to be cloneforms but that would cause save game bloat so I wanted to avoid it. The exist for about 1-4 frames before they are removed meaning you hardely ever see them.

@mALX1

I renamed meshes created by Razorpony so that they would automaticly be added to khajiits.

That makes sense, and the way the 3D data 'sticks' is what I starting to look into for NPCs if I got to that point. Wouldnt calling 'evp' on an actor undo that change though? The same with actors being enabled/disabled by other mods on you....i can see why that way is a little buggy.

Im the same as you, I dont want to use cloneform as it can cause bloat....but for an NPC version I might have to, but just keep it under tight control and reused clones rather then just keep making more.