How much FPS do you have?

Rage912

OK, kewl. Tahnx for the reply. Im not gonna use fraps, had it before, and just not into the program. But thank you for the response. Sorry they crippled the ability to do that though. How the F* you gonna know when you make a descent change to some setting and don't know the outcome. Thats just stupid IMHO.

Sorry if it sounds like a rant, but Im new to this scene, but been involved with gaming since pong.

Cheers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Rage, I've racked my brain trying to remember the brand of computer it was but I can't. If you have a Microcenter near you, try calling and asking one of their computer sales persons. I think the brand name started with an M. Sorry I can't be of more help on that.

But do some looking around. Buying refurbished from MC is a good option too. They really do have great machines and I always get a deal. They're online if you don't have that store near you. Just go to www.microcenter.com

Building a computer isn't that hard but I can't stress it enough one of the single most important parts is the case. Choose a small one or one with poor ventilation and get ready for your room to turn into an oven.

I just keep one side uncovered and leave it standing up next to my desk, that usually solves any issues with ventilation (though it does make it somewhat noisier).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on my second homebuilt -they usually last 5-6 years with upgrades. I just went from a GeForce 8800GT to a Radeon HDR 5770 and went from "High" to "Ultra". Frames vary wildly though. From 15-20 upwards to around 60. But I usually end up with too many companions :whistling: And then it takes a hit during combat :wallbash:

As for cases I do not quite agree. I want my computer to be quiet. And not too big. I have a small ATX (not mini :wink: ) with all together 5 fans running. And I can hardly hear it, even when just sitting and writing. Not to mention gaming or watching a movie :biggrin:

I have pretty good framerates, considering that I'm running the game on 5+ year old hardware, with resolution at 1680x1050 and Textures set on High. The only times I experience slowdowns are in large fights with many npc's involved and certain lightsource-heavy areas (entering The Thorn always turns the game into a slideshow).

The Thorn? Haha I went in there once and I said heck nooooooo :wallbash: . Its like when I play the new Need For Speed! Never went in there again lol. :laugh:

That place is hell to navigate when the FPS drop so low that the game won't even properly register keyboard input and mouselooking. It's worth the effort for Red Lucy's quests though. Edited by GenocideLolita