New Intro Mod

yugiohyetagain

Hello, fellow purple people!

Now then, it has recently occurred to me that the opening cutscene for skyrim is, well, a little boring after a while. Compared to the glory days of Oblivion (Please don't hate, I enjoyed the game a little, but not as much as Morrowind) and Morrowind, which both had cool opening cutscenes.

Now, to my original point, after some mental stimulation involving pretzels and red bull, I thought, wouldn't it be good if the intro for Skyrim was replaced with something cooler, like a cool voiceover over a cool video of Alduin returning, with an epic battle with Paarthurnax. Here's an outline:

*Darkness*

Paarthurnax: He has returned. I can feel it in the air, I can smell it on the breeze, his reek is everywhere. The days of heroes are gone, the Nerevarine and the Hero of Kvatch lie buried, and who now will stand against this evil?

*Shot of a portal opening, and Alduin coming through*

*Some witty banter between Al and Pat, then an epic battle, where Pat is beaten, and Alduin flies off to Helgen*

Pat: Man and mer shall perish under his dread wings, and his black talons. And our only hope lies under the axe, for a crime unknown, and unarmed.

Rise Dovakiin! Take your place among the legends of Tamriel, and slay Alduin! So is written in the Kel, the Elder Scrolls.

(CHARACTER CREATION)

So it is that the Dovakiin, the (INSERT RACE HERE), of unknown heritage, shall rise.

(PLAYS FROM DOVAKIIN BEING LED TO THE BLOCK)

It seems to me that you could actually blend your intro with the existing intro. From Paarthurnax saying, "And our only hope lies under the axe, for a crime unknown, and unarmed" you could start to transition to the current opening with the PC reviving in the execution cart. End with Paar's "Rise Dovakiin! Take your place among the legends of Tamriel, and slay Alduin! So is written in the Kel, the Elder Scrolls." and pick up with Rolaf's opening comment.

Your intro would be a massive improvement on the lore and it would contribute to the main questline. For the lore of Skyrim it brings the talk of dragons returing and Alduin returning to life. For the main quest it "introduces" your character to Paarthurnax sooner as opposed to half way through the main quest and it adds needed backstory to the mid main quest fight with Alduin at the Throat of the World. Brilliant idea for a mod!

+CaptainPatch

Yeah, I can see what you mean, the only real issue I could see would be that the mod is meant to counteract the normal intro. I agree, it would need some of the things that the intro has, like introducing the Civil War, General Tullius, and the Thalmor. Perhaps an alteration is in order:

During the banter between Al and Pat:

Al: Why would you aid these mortals? As we speak they butcher one another in their wars. Your precious joor will spill blood for anything, from liberation to justice. They glorify their leaders, their great butchers, who are revered as heroes. I would be a greater leader than their Thalmor, their Empire, their Stormcloaks. Accept it, Paarthurnax, these jur and fahliil will be too busy tearing themselves apart to fight me!

Opinion?

To be honest, Alduin sounds exceedingly hypocritical. He condemns the human leaders for doing precisely what he himself intends to do. And that is something that Paarthurnax _should_ be quick to point out. Then tack on, "At least with their leaders, there is hope for a better future. All you offer them is no future at all."

+CapainPatch

I agree totally. To be honest, this mod was a little bare-on-the-bones to begin with, but it's cool to see that people have contributed to the idea, if not the mod. (By the way, if any mod authors are interested, go ahead and tell me!) Perhaps something else that would be fitting would be a series of images over the original voiceover, before Alduin appears, like shots of Alduin's Wall.