Error when trying to merge mods

anmolsinghmzn2009

ye

i have patch 11 and mod manager v 1.0.0.59
and i tried to force rescan patch
but still didnt work
i need help.. T_T
Exception message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Bioware\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch_ModManagerMerge\Data' is denied.
Source: mscorlib
Target: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
StrackTrace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.PrepareDirectory(String directoryName, ModJob basePatchModJob, Dictionary`2 modResources, String patchDataPath, DAIToc& layoutToc)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
guys help me pls...
T_T

Ihave same problem how to fix this problem

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Try to UNcheck ALL game folder (including all subfolders and files) from read only... Helped me

This was literally all it took. I spent hours going through permissions and advanced tabs when I realized, I didn't have to click anything to be able to unclick read only. I just had to click, read only and it unclicked it. Solved everything. Thank you!

• 2 months later...
Exception message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch_ModManagerMerge\Data' is denied.

Source: mscorlib

Target: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)

StrackTrace:

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at DAIModManager.MainWindow.PrepareDirectory(String directoryName, ModJob basePatchModJob, Dictionary`2 modResources, String patchDataPath, DAIToc& layoutToc)

at DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Plz help me

• 2 weeks later...

I may be a little late to this party but I've been having some similar errors.

I'll go in the order I sort of did things;

I followed this helpful tutorial and all was going well. I downloaded the correct versions for this laptop and I was able to download the mods and pop them in the correct folders and such. When I first Merged, I had a lot of warnings, e.g;

[08/12/2016 15:11] *** Warning: da3/actors/baseheads/hair/textures/hair_straight_thick_dfrom mod SK_DF_Ponytail with Bangs N Braids overridden by SK_EF_Ponytail with Bangs N Braids
[08/12/2016 15:11] *** Warning: da3/actors/baseheads/hair/textures/hair_straight_thick_nfrom mod SK_DF_Ponytail with Bangs N Braids overridden by SK_EF_Ponytail with Bangs N Braids

Despite this, I was successful the first time and the game loaded up with no problems. I had everything on Ultra settings and it did run slower than usual but nothing I couldn't handle. After I created a character, I had the major bug where I got stuck in the fade after the intro cut scene. I was aware of this bug beforehand so I wasn't phased but I knew it was an issue, either with my settings or my mods.

So, I obviously exited to the main menu, lowered my settings (except for the Mesh Quality, that stayed on Ultra), and then I quit the game.

So I went back to the ModManager to try and find out what was corrupting what mod etc. I disabled some HD texture mods and tried to Merge again. That's when I came across this error for the first time:

[08/12/2016 14:10] Task failed. Error reported was: Exception message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index Source: mscorlib Target: Void ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource) StrackTrace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index) at DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

I figured it was now something to do with the bug and some dodgy files now in the mix. So I copied all my mods onto USB stick and deleted the Merged folder that appears after merging inside the Update folder.

So after this I repaired the game through Origin and made sure for definite it was all up to date. I disabled all the mods and re-read through the descriptions of the mods I had already downloaded and there weren't any obvious out of date ones so I had to make some guesses.

Back to the drawing board, shall we say. I went through each of my mods on the ModManager and noticed that I had two Official Patches. One placed at the top of the list and then one in the middle of the list. The difference between these two is; one is unmovable, it won't go up or down in the list and the other one can.

I knew that this second one must've been created by me and previously merging, I couldn't figure out why but there we go. So, I tried to merge with no mods and just the first Official Patch, the one at the top of the list. It was successful. I had a feeling that I was onto a winner with this one.

So I repeated the process of removing the Merged folder in the Update folder and enabled all the mods except for the ones I thought could possibly be out of date and the HD textures on eyes ALSO WITHOUT THE SECOND OFFICIAL PATCH MOD.

I had some *** Warnings again but this time it was successful!

I restarted the game and vuala! It worked and it wasn't bugging anymore.

I'm not sure what exactly fixed it and stopped the bug but I hope this helps someone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...