Error when trying to merge mods

anmolsinghmzn2009

Okay, try backing up and taking a look at this:

http://daimodder.tumblr.com/post/123864968464/dai-mod-manager-tutorial

Work your way through that, more to make sure you're not missing something or doing something unorthodox that the program can't handle, then see how you get on.

The other obvious thing to make sure is that your windows login account, the one you're running mod manager from has write access to your dragon age inquisition directory. It should do, but just in case.

Can you take screenshots of your folders (structure and content) and modmanager process? Easier to debug if we see what's there.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably your drive that's confusing it. I know in the past mod manager got confused by Inquisition being installed in non-standard places but I thought that most of that had been resolved in the latest versions. Maybe not.

You could try the "choose custom merge" destination option and see if you can specify somewhere else to make the patch. Then you'll have to copy the Patch_ModManagerMerge folder it makes across to your dragon age update folder manually. (which in your case would be x:\origin games\dragon age inquisition\update\) At least you'd be able to use it though. If you do try that, pick somewhere like c:\temp or something, not somewhere else on that drive.

Well, ModManager works fine for me, never experienced issues with it even though i too run on another drive than the D: drive. I tested the TMMOpulentTint mod, and it's crashing here too so it's actually the mod and not the ModManager. I'd just leave it out for now and notify the modder (hey tirnoney *waves*) that it's faulty.

That's really strange. Several hundred people have downloaded that particular mod file and you're the first to report a problem with it. I've just redownloaded it to double check and it still merged fine.

Are you using LL crafting materials fixes loose fabrics files? or another old mod that alters fabrics? That will stop Opulent tints from merging and break the whole thing because the offsets have changed in patch ten and the author hasn't updated that mod yet. A lot of problems that appear to be due to a new mod are often due to a conflict with an old mod.

To the OP. Try unselecting all mods if you haven't already and see if you can merge with just Official Patch selected.

Edited by tirnoney

That's really strange. Several hundred people have downloaded that particular mod file and you're the first to report a problem with it. I've just redownloaded it to double check and it still merged fine.

Are you using LL crafting materials fixes loose fabrics files? or another old mod that alters fabrics? That will stop Opulent tints from merging and break the whole thing because the offsets have changed in patch ten and the author hasn't updated that mod yet. A lot of problems that appear to be due to a new mod are often due to a conflict with an old mod.

To the OP. Try unselecting all mods if you haven't already and see if you can merge with just Official Patch selected.

I'm not using any other fabric mod. It did merge fine on its own though, so i'm re-enabling the other mods one by one to see what mods it crashes with. I do not have any of the same mods as the thread starter though, so he'll have to do the same thing.

Okey, weird thing happened. When i enabled 1 and 1 mod, nothing crashed. When i added Opulent Tints to my mods yesterday i got the same error as the thread starter.

For TS:

Try to merge Opulent Tints on it's own first, then enable all other mods you have and see if it works again?

Since opulent tints is made with patch 10 and many of the other old mods are made with older patches where the offsets have changed, one solution is to move it to the top, just after "official patch" in the merge order. That causes it to get merged before the old patches shunt the offset to incorrect values. Same applies to the armour class restrictions mod. The only real solution is for old mods to get remade with the newer patches. It's not as if I can make versions of my mods with old patches to be compatible with old mods when I can't even officially get hold of the old tools or the old patches.

Oh, another one that definitely isn't compatible. (In fact I think I'll make a note in the mod is LL armor crafting). I'd love to know which one of the OPs mods is causing the conflict though.

OP. If you can get something like Opulent Tints to merge on it's own, try moving all my mods to the top of your merge list, then add the others one by one. I'd love to know which one is causing it to fail.

Oh, and you've got three hairstyle mods there. Are you sure they can all be merged at the same time?

Edited by tirnoney

hi all. i have a slightly different issue with nmm. no matter what i try to merge i always get this message -

[30-Sep-15 9:44 AM] Processing official patch.

[30-Sep-15 9:45 AM] Task failed. Error reported was: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
i have never been able to get anything to merge.
can anyone point me in the right direction, as im probably doing something stupid! :)