⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Using Executioner Block for player

Drazhar753

Hey all

I'm currently trying to make a scene where the player executes another npc via the head chopping block, but I am not quite sure how to get it to work. I've tried telling both the player and npc to use the block but the player character simply uses it first, and goes into the 'beheading-lead up' animation whilst the npc doesn't use it at all. I've taken a look at the script that comes along with the execution block and tried modifying it a bit so that the keyword 'executioner' is instead the player keyword, but still nothing. It seems rather complicated to me so any help will be appreciated!

Changing the script keyword property probably won't help.
The executioner chopping block furniture animations also have a isExcutioner keyword condition check on:
CK -> Gamplay -> Animations... -> Actors\Character\Behavoirs\0_Masters.hkx -> ActionActivate -> ActivateRootChar -> Chair -> ExecutionerRoot

So you'll probably need the player to have the actual isExecutioner keyword (maybe add it on a player alias, unsure if it works though).

Edit: I did check it a bit further and a keyword on the player alias does work as in it gets around the head chopping part and makes it so the player doesn't enter the executionee position.

But the player doesn't play the axe animation chopping part, even though the NPC bows down on the block and their head decapitates.

Also the using an AI Package eg SitTarget on the player seems to be ignored.

(eg: player just stands there and won't activate the chopping block)

Tried ActivateSpecialFurniture AI package as well, same result the player seems to ignore it.

Neither package fires the furniture marker OnActivate event in the chopping block script.

(I'm probably missing something (and yes I did SetPlayerAIDriven() before using evalutepackage())

In the end I gave the chopping block a display name so I could manually activate it.

I just added the idles manually.

So I had a quest with a 1 line dialogue "I'd like to chop your head off!"

Each time I ask a NPC they say "Ok, just this once" :)

The npc who you tell gets force into an alias that has the SitTarget ai package.

The player get's forced into another alias with the keyword isExecutioner keyword.

(Removed the packages and script from the player as it just didn't work for some reason)

The NPC walks over to the chopping block and stands there as if their hands are bound.

I walk up to the chopping block and press activate.

NPC kneels down and a sec later their head rolls off.

(Chopped nearly everyones head off in whiterun.. lmao)

Edited by sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE

Hey Sloppy!

Thanks for testing this so thoroughly you've certainly helped me understand what was going wrong. I too still couldn't get the execution anim to play on the player, I did think of manually adding the idles but wasn't sure if the timing would be off? Instead I decided to force the npc into bleedout state and then play a paired animation kill move, equipping an axe in the players hand and them decapitating the npc. I am happy with this but may try going back to the block again if I can get it sync'd properly. Kudos to you though for the epic science-ing :D