RaceMenu Invalid Chargen

BaileyBug64

I just want to say thank you to the contributors of this forum who helped me solve my problem with the invalid chargen version (2) versus (4) error.

What I did:

-Disabled Enhanced Character Edit which was installed following Agatha follower mod installation

-Reinstalled RaceMenu Overwriting NetImmerse Override files

-Moved Racemenu up to load before any followers

-Ran GenerateFNISforUsers.exe (almost forgot this one o.O)

Poof my error is gone :smile:

Edited by masterfeff

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue except none of the above fixed it. Whenever I start a new game [trying to fix issue] I am spinning on the carriage, I'm not in the back where I should be and I hear horse grunts before the picture comes into focus.

This is a very common issue when starting a new game with mods. Recommended fix is to install mods after you get off the wagon.

I just want to say thank you to the contributors of this forum who helped me solve my problem with the invalid chargen version (2) versus (4) error.

What I did:

-Disabled Enhanced Character Edit which was installed following Agatha follower mod installation

-Reinstalled RaceMenu Overwriting NetImmerse Override files

-Moved Racemenu up to load before any followers

-Ran GenerateFNISforUsers.exe (almost forgot this one o.O)

Poof my error is gone :smile:

That worked for me as well. Thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

• RaceCompatibility with Fixes - this is fine keep it
  • ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller - unnecessary it's included in racemenu
  • Enhanced Character Edit - also unnecessary it's included in racemenu
  • Extended Slider Colors) - REALLY UNNECESSARY it's an obsolete precursor to racemenu made by the same modder

As for the error - that means that you've got something overwriting the scripts that came with racemenu it's not something you'll be able to pinpoint with LOOT or TESEdit. To get rid of it you can completely uninstall Racemenu and it's scripts then reinstall it and allow all of it's files to overwrite anything it wants to (though this sometimes will not fix the problem) - or you can just ignore the warning. Iirc it's possible to continue to use racemnu without correcting the problem and as the problem can be quite difficult to pinpoint and correct it's often easier to 'just live with it' than it is to track down and eliminate.

When did Enhanced Character Edit get added to racemenu, becuase the ESP don't show up unless you have that mod install? And if it was added do we still need the ESP from ECE? Also, when did ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller get added to racemenu? My knowledge on Skyrim modding is a little rusty, but I still know the basics of setup and troubleshooting.

• RaceCompatibility with Fixes - this is fine keep it
  • ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller - unnecessary it's included in racemenu
  • Enhanced Character Edit - also unnecessary it's included in racemenu
  • Extended Slider Colors) - REALLY UNNECESSARY it's an obsolete precursor to racemenu made by the same modder

As for the error - that means that you've got something overwriting the scripts that came with racemenu it's not something you'll be able to pinpoint with LOOT or TESEdit. To get rid of it you can completely uninstall Racemenu and it's scripts then reinstall it and allow all of it's files to overwrite anything it wants to (though this sometimes will not fix the problem) - or you can just ignore the warning. Iirc it's possible to continue to use racemnu without correcting the problem and as the problem can be quite difficult to pinpoint and correct it's often easier to 'just live with it' than it is to track down and eliminate.

When did Enhanced Character Edit get added to racemenu, becuase the ESP don't show up unless you have that mod install? And if it was added do we still need the ESP from ECE? Also, when did ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller get added to racemenu? My knowledge on Skyrim modding is a little rusty, but I still know the basics of setup and troubleshooting.

ECE wasn't technically added to RaceMenu, but all the functionality is there, so ECE in its entirety is not needed (unless you want to use an ECE preset, but there's not too many of those nowadays). Not sure what version (as I wasn't around then), but it was a few years ago. The PrecacheKiller was added a year or so ago, I believe.

• 11 months later...

i totally forgot about this. it fixed a lot of the mods from L.L. that change weight and breast and butt scales. so just a future heads up to anyone that comes across it. this will fix tons of problems you are having. including the body morphs not showing up for cbbe and uunp slides, also about the thing they're talking about in the comment before mine, ECE will actually break stuff if you try to install both it and racemenu as described on the mods page. they're incompatible

Edited by kzkorrupter

• 5 months later...

io ho lo stesso problema 'errore di codice racemenu 8,4,6, inizio dicendo che non sono un esperto ma sto cercando di capire cosa manca e cosa ho sbagliato, queste sono tutte le mod che ho scaricato

https://imgur.com/ak9lnds

https://imgur.com/Ui7QlxT

https://imgur.com/ljAzznP

Per favore aiutami, sono originario dell'Italia, quindi mi dispiace per gli errori grammaticali

Edited by Giulioxt48

• 5 months later...

The latest version of RaceMenu 3.4.4 -- includes chargen.dll and nioverride.dll (so you do not need to install seperate mods anymore).

I suspect that another mod (you have installed) has installed it's own version of chargen.dll to the skse/plugins folder and chargen.pex to data/scripts.

All of the scripts are included in RaceMenu.bsa -- having a left over loose chargen.pex file will cause Error Code 10. (just delete chargen.pex from the scripts folder)

and ensure that chargen.dll is only installed by RaceMenu 3.4.4 (and has not been overwritten by another mod).

I know this must be super old, but ij googling this issue, and reading, it fixed it for me so big thanks for this ! :thumbsup:

Edited by jaderiver