Female Power Armor

cedaie

Given what I've seen of the framework for the powersuit being much larger than the player's body:

So, we change the framework :smile: From what I've noticed with the power armor, once the suit closes, the players bodyparts within dissapears. This is really good to see and it means we don't have to concern ourselves too much with body changing mods and we can focus on the animatronics involved with how the power armor will wrap around the body. I dare say, this idea won't be eventuated until we really understand the new 3D/Animation system.

The great thing about the Power Armor is that it's overpowered in standard combat, but it needs fusion cores to operate, which bares tactical limitations. The whole concept is fascinating to me, really. Hence why I'd like to shy away from the standard armor.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only major issue I can see with new power armor mods, is new body mods. Because the pieces aren't replacing body parts like in Skyrim, we could definitely see a lot of clipping problems. Food for thought.

Does the in-power-armor model stay the same though? From what I can tell wearing it with the actual armor off and just the rig itself doesn't match what ever armor you're wearing underneath. It might be a stock 'in-armor' mesh that would fix the issues of body mods/armor conversions clipping through the power armor.

The only major issue I can see with new power armor mods, is new body mods. Because the pieces aren't replacing body parts like in Skyrim, we could definitely see a lot of clipping problems. Food for thought.

Does the in-power-armor model stay the same though?

Yeah, it seems to. If you put your Vault suit on, you can clearly see the signature blue within the framework. Not sure on the armor addons, though. I'll have a proper look once I've spent some more time on the game.

That's gonna be the question though ... Is the power armour essentially a "vehicle" that the player climbs into, kinda like a "mech" or is it just a separate replacement body mesh like in FO/Skyrim? If it's the former, then "female" power armour might be problematic, unless of course you want to either add some ridiculously oversized and disproportionate metal "bewbs" on the front in order to signify "female", which would just look silly, or if it's the latter you'd have to change and reshape the entire "vehicle" mesh to look more "feminine" which of course would lead to most likely severe clipping issues.

The last thing we want is another "Battle of the Bodies" like we have in Skyrim, with several competing replacers, We don't want to see " Compatible only with "Big Bottom Mech" or "only works with "Total Tata's Mech".

Power armor, as the name suggests is a vehicle, at least that's where my opinion is and I believe the lore also backs that up, all power armor is so heavy that it requires some sort of power (or passive hydraulics/structure built into the pieces of the suit to keep itself upright and keep it's weight from being a burden to the user) outside just the immediate user to function properly, it's always got some cooling system and hydraulics for movement, even if they're passive. It's a type of heavy armor, but not all types of heavy armor are power armor. There are already heavy/medium armors in the game more bulk-ward than the OP's suggestion, kind of already puts it into the other preexisting categories and not power armor, power armor fully encases you in metal, it's like a tank that keeps you with all the advantages of being in your bi-pedal humanoid form; because societies are built around that shape. It's not merely a heavy armor in any case.

In the game FO4 power armor is a set which contains the powered mechanical suit shell and it's armored add-ons. IMO

Pick the largest female body you can, add a bit more room on the chest and hips, you'll most likely cover all body mods. PS - I am not saying make it curvy, I am saying that shape would then be the max size, straight or curved.

I actually think this will be easier than you think, provided we can add to the models A, B, C etc. Adding female mod A, B, C (or any custom mod for that matter, male or female) which will hopefully just change a piece to fit with no further work in scripting etc needed.

So I hope this is going to just be a pure modelling job, but let's see when the modding possibility comes. I really like the idea of people making custom power armor pieces male or female, think of what people will come up with :D, whole semi new type of modding.

Looking closely, it looks like the power armor exists in 2 states.

There is the static armor which has no figure inside and is empty.

There is the active armor which seems to have a figure inside with body parts painted a certain way (probably related to worn equipment.

Arguably, one might be able to make the active model look different from the static one, and possibly look however you wanted, but it would probably look strange stepping into a suit of armor that ends up shrinking on you. The game mostly just treats it as a vehicle that you step into.

I highly appreciate this no take on PA, one of my favorite NV mods was Powered Power Armor.

What you are showing here, well i wouldnt call it power armor but maybe a high tech slim suit or something. Or just "powered armor" lol.