⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Female Power Armor

cedaie

Why would scouts need power armor?

Power armor was made to tackle tanks, mini nukes, grenades and others. It very logical for front line soldiers to have. Yes, it has sneak abilities, but I guess so stealth players would use it.

I get the idea, you don't want a tanky power armor, but a set that boosts the abilities for different play styles that acts the same way. The question is, why does it have to be power armor in the first place? Why would one use something like power armor instead of let say leather or fabric outfits with better noise and body heat concealment and a lot of pockets?

Flanking ideas....think special forces. Perhaps you need heavy weapons that can maneuver more. If you sent a squad of special forces behind enemy lines you want them to be fast enough or strong enough to tote some heavier gear. But not slow or loud enough to draw a ton of attention.

If you ever played Mechwarrior/Battletech you will know you can kill 100ton Assault mechs with 25ton scout mechs by keeping behind their larger but slower mechs or even pop up over hills and hit and run targets. Even now sometimes they throw heavier weapons on Humvees, even anti tank weapons.

Firepower is good but sometimes maneuverability is king. At the start of WWII the Japanese zero was considered to be some of the best fighter planes out there. Basically just because they were light and maneuverable. It wasn't till later in the war the US deployed superior tactics and planes to beat them. From a military standpoint it would make sense that a conventional army may create a suit of 'light' power armor that may offer less protection than traditional power armor but offer other benefits. Perhaps even anti-traditional power armor role. The ability to confront them in an ambush with the ability to take a hit or do without instantly dying to a hail of minigun rounds ;-)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this Takara individual ^ You seem to get where I'm coming from. :P

I'll be starting up drafts for the armor in the next few days. I'll post them on the top page for all the criticz!

I was thinking about this.

Maybe you can make something that runs on the cores, but it not power armor. Like the gatling laser? Needs scripting maybe, but seems better and less tasking than making a whole new power armor and more logical to sneak in. You can also make it sleeker and go wild with the model without limiting yourself with the power armor frame.

Perhaps the 'lighter' power Armour can be designed around mobility. like make you jump higher and move faster; more of a 'strike' Armour. it could need the core to power the suit but be much less effective at protection. I'd imagine this to work with the perk allowing you to dodge projectiles.

This to my mind would work in designing a skimpy Armour for females as it would have to be a compact fit.

Perhaps the 'lighter' power Armour can be designed around mobility. like make you jump higher and move faster; more of a 'strike' Armour. it could need the core to power the suit but be much less effective at protection. I'd imagine this to work with the perk allowing you to dodge projectiles.

This to my mind would work in designing a skimpy Armour for females as it would have to be a compact fit.

Think more Exo-Units from Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, less Power Armour. How you'd accomplish it, particularly without a proper editors is beyond me... but i only really dabble in environmental design and some simple character scripting anyway...

• 4 months later...

only just found this, i was gonna request that someone makes a shae vizla armor mod for Fo4 cos for me at least, its the most aesthetic female armor I've ever seen..and in my top 5 for all armors of all time...next to lin kuei...annny way plse someone get on this s#*!

I absolutely love Shae Vizla's armor, actually have it on TOR and is one of my fav sets. So any armor inspired in that direction is going to be A+ in my book, haha.

I myself am not that into skimpy armors, as its just, not logical, and there are ways to make armor have sex appeal and have a little bit of a tease to them so to speak while still being functional armor that looks good / tasteful. Personally not into the "armors" where its 2 straps going across the nipples and calling it a day, lol.

If you're going for a Vizla armor style look (Which is sexy while not being over the top mind you!) I am going to be all for it.

Plus, I saw your work just last night, you clearly got the talent for it!

Also, on the topic of making it lore friendly: It isn't all that difficult to explain a lighter, sleeker power armor into lore, and why it hasn't shown up prior: It really can be as simple as a new contract that the government had went forward with to produce a suit that gained some of the perks of power-armor but had a lighter build, making them more agile and more usable in guerrilla warfare style attacks / quick missions, possibly using less power too to allow longer range missions. Etc etc. its easy enough to make it a prototype, or even a European developed import that hadnt quite arrived.

Lots of options there.

And as to why you'd want a light / scout power armor, I listed several possible reasons above: Lighter making it faster / more agile. Somewhere between combat armor and PA. Perhaps less energy consumption. Allows for quieter raids / fast attacks while still offering more protection. List goes on :)