telemutant

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that none of you came across the mod Simple First Personish Camera on the Nexus?

First uploaded late November...

www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1944/?

I did. Got a bit annoyed on how the body was controlled like 3pv. Otherwise it was okay. (the body turned while strafing, going backwards and such)

I'm guessing that none of you came across the mod Simple First Personish Camera on the Nexus?

First uploaded late November...

www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1944/?

I even have it installed. It's a pretty much fine mod, but it isn't as immersive as real first person, like the one for Skyrim.

Creation of such mod probably requires fully functional F4SE (Follout 4 Script Extender), which is still in development. We have to be patient, I guess.

I know what you mean, I tried it out back in march/april, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for (there was a first person mod I used to use all the time in Fallout3 years ago).

Just thought I'd mention it, as I didn't see anyone in the post say anything about it.

Edited by AGreatWeight

This and something like the Skyrim "See You Sleep" mod ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20054/? ) are just two of the immersive mods I've been looking for since the CK came out. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in how few really spectacular mods have been released since the release of the CK. I expected a lot more, and at the very least I expected something like this almost immediately. :(

I know modding is hard work (and the CK's UI doesn't make it any easier), but I thought that since similar mods already existed it wouldn't be that hard to reverse engineer them.

Unfortunately (at least from my point of view) people from Bethesda focused much on settlements building activity in the game - which isn't my thing at all and I just skipped the whole thing as awfully boring - and many many mods related to this part of Fallout 4 are being created. Also tons of weapon mods, player homes and fancy outfits.

There are some good gameplay or weather mods already on Nexus though. But I think that we won't see any really advanced mods until the full version of Fallout 4 Script Extender is released, which will let people apply some deeper changes to the game's scripts. This probably concerns Immersive First Person mod too.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I'm not seeing what's so immersive about being able to see your legs or feet, etc. in "fp" view...first off it has to change the way the camera moves so you can actually look straight down to begin with(currently not possible with vanilla camera, you can tell that just from trying to place things by drawing them towards your character, you can only bring them so far in). Second, isn't the point of "fp" to see the world around you through the "eyes" of your character, as in you are in the world(hmm, guess I need to get a 360 degree surround screen setup, oh wait, that's what VR does).

How is that sleeping mod for Skyrim immersive, just how does seeing myself sleep(when I'm the one that's supposed to be asleep in the first place) make it more immersive?

Personally I'm not seeing what's so immersive about being able to see your legs or feet, etc. in "fp" view...first off it has to change the way the camera moves so you can actually look straight down to begin with(currently not possible with vanilla camera, you can tell that just from trying to place things by drawing them towards your character, you can only bring them so far in). Second, isn't the point of "fp" to see the world around you through the "eyes" of your character, as in you are in the world(hmm, guess I need to get a 360 degree surround screen setup, oh wait, that's what VR does).

How is that sleeping mod for Skyrim immersive, just how does seeing myself sleep(when I'm the one that's supposed to be asleep in the first place) make it more immersive?

oh you poor poor soul, to live a life where you cant see your olwn legs when you look down, your own body, what a horrid existance to be so obease that anything below the waist is fantasy to you. But my friend i assure you for 99.999999% of the population when we look down we can see our own feet, it really helps putting on shoes, but I can't really blame you if your so obease all you see is rolls of fat and forgot what the wonders of feet actually were. You poor soul.