telemutant

The only way I'd download an immersive first person camera mod is if it functioned like the Enhanced First Person mod for Skyrim. Used a mix of first and third person elements, rather than just having the first person camera glued to the third person's face. First person was still as normal, without all the swaying about and inducing motion sickness. The body and feet could be seen and it would also remain in first person with the motions of sitting, laying down, etc. But everything still function as if it were mechanical first person. I personally can't stand the ones that just put the camera on the third-person's head. I really hope something like that comes out soon, though I know it's likely quite complicated to do so.

Edited by Terallis

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I know it been nearly a month this the last post on this thread but i have a important update for those still digging through here, in the 3rd sticky in the posts/comments on the Nexus page for "Skyrim - Enhanced Camera" by Logic Dragon they said "Joy of Perspective for Skyrim Special Edition was released. This does not require SKSE and is available for both PC and Xbox One. Next I'm planning on working on a visible body mod for Morrowind, and later a mod for Fallout 4. I'm planning a version based on Joy of Perspective in order to support consoles." indicating that sometime in the future, a version will be made for fallout 4!

It's sad that there is still no mod for this =/ Muh immersion...

Keep in mind that the enhanced camera mod for NV wasn't uploaded until 4 years after NV was released in 2010.

These things...they take time.

Enhanced camera for FO4 will be interesting due to power armour (the T-60 torso piece is xbox huge).

Edited by Bottletopman

• 2 months later...

I have to play in 3rd person because floating hands make me abosoluly puke. seriously why the f*** do developers do that? are they mentaly challanged?

Originally it was to save memory. Don't render what you can't normally see because it takes up processing power. But with today's engines and average computer specs there really isn't any good reason why more developers shouldn't be doing more immersive 1st person views.

Simple. Bethesda were lazy. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. They just didn't want to give a f*ck. They couldn't afford the money, time, care, ability, manpower and "just work"s to do it.

• 1 month later...

Mehhhhhh want this mod sooooooo bad lol. Not being able to see your own casted shadows and like it's only an effing camera just flying around holding a gun.

This mod and a mod that FOR REAL lets you holster your weapon. Seriously Bethesda? You got that right in all the earlier games but in this s/*t you just make the effing gun disappear as you "holster" it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

First you'd have to figure out a way to get around armour mesh issues like the aforementioned T-60 chest piece, good luck looking down with that monstrosity of a chest piece on as well as other vanilla armour/clothing that would have issues with looking around.

Then you'd have to take into account people who get motion sickness from the head bobbing which is itself actually pretty unrealistic - when you walk around in real life, your view doesn't bob up and down because your eyes constantly compensate for movement in order to remain fixated on whatever you're looking at. Pretty sure vanilla power armour still has some head bobbing but it's minor enough that most people can tolerate it. You'd have to make a toggleable setting for that, similar to the Enhanced Camera mod for NV and Skyrim. Not sure if Terallis is aware that the camera actually is placed where the third person head node is, but if I recall correctly, the author disabled head bobbing by default due to aforementioned motion sickness issues.

May have to wait till a future version of F4SE with capabilities to support such a mod. Who knows for sure though.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...