Link to Nexus Wiki How to use NMM for FO4 mods.

bben46

No matter what I have tried I cannot get NMM to work. Here is the message: Login error: Cannot reach the Nexus login server. Either your firewall is blocking NMM or the login server is down.

I have checked and rechecked my firewall and it is not blocking this at all. I have tried reinstalling NMM but to no avail.

What can I do to get this **** thing to work?

Please help.

• 4 weeks later...

every time i try to change the falloutcustom.ini, and the falloutprefs.ini file it causes my game to crash on the loading screen. It doesn't matter if i have any mods activated or not the game still crashes, and even if i uninstall every single mod and try to launch the game it still crashes on the loading screen. IDK what is causing it, but i can't stand to play games without mods. Please help. I don't want to play skyrim that much but until there's a solution for whatever the heck is going on for me I'll be slaughtering chickens and collecting butterflies and doing whatever else distracts me in Skyrim

Also at one point the game and all the mods i have were working, but ever since one of the updates i can't even launch the game with NMM please help.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to do an integrty chck on steam and it overwrote my ini files.

I cant remember what the latest thing is to do

do i still need:

"sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\"

or does:

"[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal="
in Fallout4Custom.ini negate all that?
if so do i just delete the STRINGS\ etc in Fallout4.ini?
so should it look like this or should i remove everything else from archive section too?
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
sResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures2.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures3.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures4.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures5.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures6.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures7.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures8.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures9.ba2
sResourceStartUpArchiveList=Fallout4 - Startup.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2
SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2, Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2, Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
SResourceArchiveList2=Fallout4 - Animations.ba2
SGeometryPackageList=Fallout4 - Geometry.csg
SCellResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4.cdx
SResourceArchiveMemoryCacheList= Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
Edited by LeonTubrok

• 3 weeks later...

The author of this piece is assuming that NMM is working. It is not! It has not worked for me for almost three weeks. I have over 10 mods waiting to install but each and every time I try I get the same message that my virus firewall is blocking or that it cannot locate something. I tried for NMM to restate it just now but it is waiting for a Login attempt that will never happen. I have also deleted NMM and reinstalled it but no change.

If it wasn't for the fact that when NMM is working it is awesome I would not be so impatient for Nexus to fix this problem but there has been nothing but silence from the folks at Nexus.

Anyone have an ETA on a fix?

Please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i m pretty sure i checked everything from prefs.ini to plugins.txt to nmm but only mods with esm or esp files seem to be working other mods wont work please help me :confused:

Post your plea in the appropriate thread, taunk, i.e. start a new topic in either the technical support or the mod support... that is, after having done some searching -on the site or through our friend Google- to see if the problem you want answers for hasn't already been posted and/or solved.

Don't forget to add PC specs, game version and mods installed...

• 1 month later...