Updated Launcher will disable MODS on launch, find a fix here.

Gameaholic

Editing your plugins.txt file worked for me. But first you need to copy the data from the loadorder.txt file first, paste into plugins.txt keeping "fallout4.esp" at the top, save it, then right click into properties and tick read only, click APPLY then OK.

That solved it for me, and it kept that read only status upon relaunch as well.

(Windows 10 x64).

You may find that adding future mods may need to be added manually to that plugins.txt file...no idea not tested that far ahead yet.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK in the runup to release Bethesda made it seem that Fallout 4 would be their most mod-friendly game ever. That really does not seem to be the case- first they hide their own file manager under the right eye in the launcher, now they disable modding completely. I've got over 250 hours in, this is not a time I want my game broken. Have the bean counters taken over at Bethesda too?

Anyway here is a temporary fix, go to http://f4se.silverlock.org/ and download the Fallout 4 beta 1.2.37 file

Copy all files into ur FO4 (steam-steam app-common-Fallout 4) now open NMM and go to Settings-Fallout 4 under Custom Launcher thers a field called Command, type in f4se_loader and save. Now enable all ESP´ S as the update disables them, go to Top left Corner on the NMM and change the Launch Fallout 4 to Launch Custom Launcher, should work.

Long explenation for newcommers.

Thanks , that's very, very helpful... I wish I can give you 10 Kudo's for this help :woot:

Anyway here is a temporary fix, go to http://f4se.silverlock.org/ and download the Fallout 4 beta 1.2.37 file

Copy all files into ur FO4 (steam-steam app-common-Fallout 4) now open NMM and go to Settings-Fallout 4 under Custom Launcher thers a field called Command, type in f4se_loader and save. Now enable all ESP´ S as the update disables them, go to Top left Corner on the NMM and change the Launch Fallout 4 to Launch Custom Launcher, should work.

This worked. Thanks a lot man. Hopefully there will be more easy fixes like this since Bethesda thought it was a smart idea to not release modding tools with the game.

+1 for this! Works bro.