NMM 0.61.3 fixes for Fallout 4

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.net framework is a part of Windows and is used in a lot more than just NMM. Without that latest upgrade other windows programs will start to fail also. The problem is not with Nexus, but with your Windows not being up to date.

One of the problems I have seen with Win7 users is Win7 REQUIRES the SP1 update before it will update the .net framework. SP1 is an OLD update from several years ago. If you go back and update the SP1, Your Win7 will probably accept the .net Framework update. And then will accept the NMM update.

• 2 weeks later...
In response to post #33630460.

bben46 wrote:

.net framework is a part of Windows and is used in a lot more than just NMM. Without that latest upgrade other windows programs will start to fail also. The problem is not with Nexus, but with your Windows not being up to date.

One of the problems I have seen with Win7 users is Win7 REQUIRES the SP1 update before it will update the .net framework. SP1 is an OLD update from several years ago. If you go back and update the SP1, Your Win7 will probably accept the .net Framework update. And then will accept the NMM update.

well this is bull because mine worked fine until a windows update!

Yes exactly. A Windows Update that now requires Windows .NetFramework 4.6 - and for the .net framework 4.5 to work on a Win7, you MUST have the older Win7 SP1 update installed first. Or the Windows .net framework 4.6 will not install at all. And the NMM Requires the Windows .net framework 4.6 to be installed for it to work. People that kept up with Windows updates had no problem updating the latest NMM. Those that chose not to keep up with the updates are the ones that cannot get the NMM to install.

That is why I have been telling people they need to get their Windows fixed first. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
In response to post #31946640. #31960690, #31964125, #31971280, #31979560, #32076485, #33305010 are all replies on the same post.

dking32 wrote: Heyas,

My game & NMM worked well until last night when the game's started a loop: Launching starts the Steam window, then the game's launcher window, but hitting Start makes the game loop back to the start (Steam window, launcher, etc.). All I'd changed was the installation of TrueStormsF04.esp through NMM, but previously I'd been playing around with FO4 mods before NMM updated to include F; I might have messed something up somewhere accidentally.

Are there diagnostic tools available for this scenario?

Thanks! :)
DoctorAaron wrote: Same thing's happening to me :/
infinite launcher loop
dking32 wrote: My launcher loop sticks without NMM also when trying to launch the game directly.
cnmizer wrote: I'm having the same problem.
plkll wrote: This issues happening to me and I didnt change anything.
one_ofmany wrote: same here infinite loop
SnapCracklePop123 wrote: same here

Same here!
The ONLY way I can now play the game is by launching it in NMM. That in itself would be acceptable, but many mods do not work, where they did before. When I use the Launcher (to obtain the MOD list, under the eye), many are not checked; I check them and click PLAY and go through the same loop again!

PS...
This is all without updating Windows, Net Framework, NMM or anything else. I changed NOTHING but mods. Edited by ShadowPhase

• 2 weeks later...
I have read many people are having problems with unchecked mods in NMM. When they go to launch the game missing files then are showing at launch of saved game. Then you open up NMM and all mods unchecked. It just happened to me for the first time. But I noticed it only happened after I clicked yes to NMM plugin.TXT is read only and had NMM ( Remember). So now I can't manually set plugin.TXT to read only again because NMM remembers to uncheck read only. So how do I get NMM to stop remembering and reset it to ask me every time I launch the mod manager? Need a way to reset the read only Plugin.TXT back to read only if we have it remember (Clicking YES) Edited by Ski67

• 2 months later...
I never take the time so say thanks, but I am now. Thank you to all the Nexus team that make, host and create the software to allow people like me, with very little technical know-how, to make the game how I want it. And of course thank you to all the mod makers, your efforts and talent are appreciated by me!

• 3 weeks later...

Well looks like I had this version already, and every time I try to use mods now on NMM they get disabled by the games mod section. So I guess I have no choice but to use their mod manager. I liked NMM, but I guess there is not really any point in using it now for F4 with a manager being embeded in the game now. Can still use it for other games when I play them. Thanks for the updates any way.