NMM 0.61.3 fixes for Fallout 4

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #33058550.

losmegos wrote: gg. i cant run nmm 61.3 cuz it requires netframework 4.6. and i cant install netframework 4.6 cuz it says my system doesnt support without further explanation. (currently running 4.5.2 netframework) thats a GG.

Same to me (with 61.4).. but .. i have a copy of the NMM 0.61, so i installed over the 0.61.4 and i can use it again.. (sorry my english.. im from chile)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the boot up screen but when I try and start up the game it just crashes instantly.

Also tried open up Nexus Mod Manager, launch FO4, but only to the Setup screen where you can change your graphics options...don't actually continue your game. Then go back to the NMM and re-enable all mods under the Plugins tab (check all the boxes) for mods you want active). Then go back to the Fallout screen and launch the game.

Had no issues running any of my mods until yesterday.

Any ideas or do i need to delete all files and start over?

Edited by Googerman101

Hello,

I have a concern mods installs correctly but in the game there that have some walking while before it all worked . I gave an old version nmm and it still does not work , I have always given all zeros like I do not know what to do . help please ^^ sorry for my english google trad

Edited by pipopu59

In response to post #33135400.

Googerman101 wrote: I get the boot up screen but when I try and start up the game it just crashes instantly.
Also tried open up Nexus Mod Manager, launch FO4, but only to the Setup screen where you can change your graphics options...don't actually continue your game. Then go back to the NMM and re-enable all mods under the Plugins tab (check all the boxes) for mods you want active). Then go back to the Fallout screen and launch the game.
Had no issues running any of my mods until yesterday.

Any ideas or do i need to delete all files and start over?

Have you tried running the game in
Windowed Borderless. For me, my game will not work at all if I try to start it in Fullscreen mode.

In response to post #32346480. #32370405, #32446395, #33046230 are all replies on the same post.

MDskinner wrote: So I edited the files and got rid of the string that was causing the unnecessary load times, and added in the correct files, the one in the updated text saying,
[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Now whenever I try to launch the game, it will get to the film loading screen (before taking me to the game menu) and just shuts off. Is this happening to anyone else?
myron836 wrote: For me I accidentally did this:

[Archive]
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Removed the second "[Archive]" and now its working fine. Check for typos
beastslayer113 wrote: it happens to me to
xyzilla wrote: Im having this same exact issue any help here???

In nexus mod manage check your plugins for any red ones. That means you are missing required plugins for that one to load. If you don't have those plugins you can probably find them by following links in that mod's page. Or you can just disable it if it isn't an important mod to you.

-At least that was my issue both times this happened to me.

In response to post #31946640. #31960690, #31964125, #31971280, #31979560, #32076485 are all replies on the same post.

dking32 wrote: Heyas,

My game & NMM worked well until last night when the game's started a loop: Launching starts the Steam window, then the game's launcher window, but hitting Start makes the game loop back to the start (Steam window, launcher, etc.). All I'd changed was the installation of TrueStormsF04.esp through NMM, but previously I'd been playing around with FO4 mods before NMM updated to include F; I might have messed something up somewhere accidentally.

Are there diagnostic tools available for this scenario?

Thanks! :)
DoctorAaron wrote: Same thing's happening to me :/
infinite launcher loop
dking32 wrote: My launcher loop sticks without NMM also when trying to launch the game directly.
cnmizer wrote: I'm having the same problem.
plkll wrote: This issues happening to me and I didnt change anything.
one_ofmany wrote: same here infinite loop

same here

Forgive the possible stupid question, but is this still an issue? I ask since it has been over a month since the last comment and I had 'heard' there was a patch out since...

just trying to avoid using NMM since I had had some issues before with it (a LONG time ago, so they are probably fixed, but still) before and I prefer as few things running as possible.

Most people are not having any problems with NMM 0.6.5 - unfortunately some people think because they are having a problem there MUST be something wrong with NMM. Add to that that if you are using it with FO4, the Bethesda updates are a moving target and when they make a change that affects NMM, or modding in general, it may take a few days for NMM to catch up. :rolleyes:

NMM is FREE. besides that we don't charge to use it. And do not require that you use it. READ the actual readme that you are supposed to read before downloading. Just in case you didn't read here is a portion that you should have read before opting in to the NMM Beta.

Open Beta

We cannot stress enough that we are still in the beta stage of NMM. NMM is in a very good state and will be usable by nearly everyone, but Beta stages are typically used for testing and bug fixing, and some of you will find bugs.

We are using a bug tracker system on our forums that allows you to post any bugs you might have with NMM. We cannot fix a bug if you do not report it! Using the tracker system is as intuitive as making a post on a forum, and you can login to it using your Nexus username and password.

We also have a beta test subforum that contains all the information you need to know to get started, report bugs and help us with development of NMM.

Limitations

We don't want to make you think that NMM is the solution to your problems getting 1,000 mods to all work together right now. It's our aim to to reach that point and it's what we're working towards. However, even simple mods can be a complex business and trying to get many mods to all work together is something people in the community have been working hard to do since the start of this community. NMM is designed to make your life downloading, installing, updating and managing mods easier, but it will not currently be the wonder pill that will make all your conflicts and compatibility issues disappear. Load orders, conflicts and compatibility issues still exist with NMM at this time.

Mods may not work for a number of different reasons, and not all of them are the fault of NMM or the mod author who created the mod(s). Please remember this before you verbally abuse us, or the file authors, for not being able to get your mods to work.

Having said that, development is ongoing with NMM to make these difficult aspects of modding as easy to overcome as is possible within the limits of the game. We are working hard to not only ensure these issues are mitigated as much as possible within NMM, but also to ensure our program is compatible with any other tools and utilities you might use at the moment to deal with them.

NMM Beta is not required to use the mods. Please feel free to use any other Mod manager, or go back to no mod manager at all and install manually like we did for many years. If you think there is an actual problem please make a actual bug report so it can be addressed.

If you would rather use an older version of NMM, they are all available here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/896029-nexus-mod-manager-release-notes-and-download-links/

To find them, scroll all the way to the bottom and find the 'Previous Builds' then click in the spoiler Show box to see them.

However, please remember we are only supporting the newest version and will not be making any updates or changes to any of the older ones. :thumbsup:

Hey, sorry if this question has already been answered but currently I'm running NMM 0.61.5 and when I open Fallout 4, I get this message " 'plugins.txt' is read-only. so it can't be managed by Nexus Mod Manager. Would you like to make it not a read only?". Do I click yes or no?

Ps. I haven't manually set plugins.txt to read only