Missing Fallout3.esm

bunnyman280

No I haven't reinstalled anything else recently. I got the game a long time ago but I lost the disk, but the game plays fine without it, so I saved the files away in a folder because I download tons of mods and stuff goes wrong sometimes and I just reinstall the data manually. So, I don't have the disc, i just have a copy of the data folder.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven't reinstalled anything else recently. I got the game a long time ago but I lost the disk, but the game plays fine without it, so I saved the files away in a folder because I download tons of mods and stuff goes wrong sometimes and I just reinstall the data manually. So, I don't have the disc, i just have a copy of the data folder.

in order for me to be able to assist you here, I require specific information.

I need a screen shot of that games directory showing the files in it's root directory exposing the files sizes and totality of them.

The dialog permits less leeway for me to understand things.

last, how are you using steam to launch the game? possibly a screen shot of that might clear up some things.

cuz with out this, I have to bow out here.

is it hooked up through Steam? as in it can be launched through Steam even though it wasnt a Steam copy?

Yes it is.

in order for me to be able to assist you here, I require specific information.

I need a screen shot of that games directory showing the files in it's root directory exposing the files sizes and totality of them.

The dialog permits less leeway for me to understand things.

last, how are you using steam to launch the game? possibly a screen shot of that might clear up some things.

cuz with out this, I have to bow out here.

I hope this is what ya were askin for, took me like an hour tryin to get it all.

http://imgur.com/a/84Qb2

ok No fake xlive controls are active "missing the fake.dll file" so securom is fully activated.

in order to fix this mess, and it is a mess..I will provide you with a layout of the files required by the game to be in that folder...the root folder where the exectables are at.

next, you need to make 1 folder to move all NON default files and programs out of thegames directory...I will instruct you further when you have all of that done.

you need to make another folder to host / house all NON default "data" / esm's and esp's ...moving all mods out of the data folder.

to fix this problem, you need virgin files only and nothing that can load...that will interfere with what we are about to do.

that means I am going to instruct you on how to revert the 1.7 back to vanilla so you can update the launcher files utilizing the Bethesda update setup program.

this will include links from the nexus site here.

with out the install medium available, you have no choice...why..?

because windows 10 absolutely will not allow securrom to run or any parts of it, anything that has it embedded into it. that's why the game will not run.

you up for all of this?

as far as the steam issue is concerned, I'm happy and no need to worry about that any more, your game as it is , is 100% legit.

what bothers me is Bethesda screwed up methods and updates not doing things as expected...the user gets the blame for all this nonsense.

Of them here, I am one of THE best techs you can get with this matter...barring languages i use.

that's vanilla, before patching the game...the esm size is smaller, ever so slightly. But this won't matter due to the process your gonna take.

remember, fallout 3 engine is going to load every thing it See's, can access.