⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Container Display Mod

SirStupidofCheydinhalII

I was wondering if there's a mod that fixes the container display bug (too many items and the container only shows some of what's inside)

I know that you can just remove all the items to find a certain thing, but it would be a lot nicer just to see everything. Any mods that could fix the issue?

If you don't know I'm talking about, here's some information on the bug from the UESP:

Sometimes items appear to disappear from containers if you have already put a lot of items in. This is merely a display bug, however: if you start removing other items from the container the missing item(s) will reappear. Also, if you "Take All", the missing items will still be added to your inventory. Saving the game while in the same zone as the container then reloading the save will often make all the missing items reappear; leaving the room, or looking in other containers after reloading, will break the container again.

This glitch seems to be caused by an error in the recorded number of items stored in the container. It looks like that number sometimes becomes less than the actual number of items stored. This causes the most recently added items to not be listed in the container's inventory. Often, if you add another item to the container, a previous missing one will appear, but instead the new item disappears.

interesting...

from your story so this bug is built-in Oblivion I take it?

I think.... I can try fix that...

the mod should work like second storage actually, this can be solved. so the second storage work as buffer something like that

anyway I've never got this problem,

how much items that we need to put, so the disappearing bug will shown?

Yeah, it's a bug that's present in the vanilla version of Oblivion. You need quite a few items (I have at more than 2500 encumbrance when I take everything) for it to show. Since I have more than 1,000 hours on the game, I have a ton of heavy items; I'm not sure the exact number (The display bug sort of makes it hard to count) but the container has a lot of different types of weapons/armor.

Thanks for the help; it's always bugged me that I can't find certain items in my chests.

ok here's the deal.

try recreate the 'disappearing bug' problem from start game,

then after you found out the limit of 'that number'. just tell me, so I can recreate it too

then I can do something about it

I think this request is still in my ability range, to manipulate the storage things

There is a bit of a problem. If thereis a set number the display bug would make it so you couldn't find out. It's also not just one type of items 100 times, it's about the number of different types of items. For example, you have 26 Daedric longswords, 45 Ebony claymores and 13 Glass daggers (for example, not the actual number) and the Glass daggers don't display. You'd have to put a bunch of items (I'd guess over 200, maybe 300 of a variety of items) to actually have the bug occur. I checked and taking all the items and I have about 4726 encumbrance (A Lot of swords and daggers), and their is a ton of different types of swords and such.

Sorry I can't give an exact number; the bug itself is preventing me from giving it. I think it has to do with one type of items overriding the display of another item.

The bug has been around as long as the game and is triggered by storing items that are damaged (item health less than 100%) or less than full charge if enchanted along with items that are fully charged/undamaged. If you always repair and recharge to 100% before storing in a container you won't get the bug.

I personally prefer to have the gear repaired at a smith (which allows my guy to have Armorer as a major skill and control when I level ... yes I'm an old school vanilla leveling system type). I've also noticed during this playthrough that the RealSwords gear that my guy repairs to 100% doesn't stack with smith repaired/undamaged gear in a container for some reason (which indicates that the game considers it "different"), so I just get stuff I'm going to keep repaired at a smith and stuff I'm going to sell I repair if/when I want to level up Armorer.

Yes, that is a solution that I've tried (sorry I didn't mention it). It's that I have so many items even at 125% that the bug still happens. I even created a small mod so that I can separate enchanted and unenchanted items, and I still get the display issue. Yeah, it does help a tiny bit when all the items are at 125% health, but it still happens. Maybe I should just sell some items or create even more separation chests for each type of item.