Death alternative

Saundie

Hi everyone,

First post so sorry if I am unwittingly breaking any forum norms...

I tried (very unsuccessfully) to create a basic death alternative mod that would respawn you at a place where you used a consumable (tried with a stimpack). I was trying to copy Dragon Souls Mod's (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34698/?) scripts using FO4Edit but there was just too many things that I had no idea about (no modding experience - naive to think I could do a full port!). That being said - I'm pretty sure someone who's actually competent with fo4edit could do it

I'd love the added challenge that respawning without gear would provide - it would give you a whole new reason to play conservatively and hold onto useful gear.

Anyway, just hoping others are interested and able to create a mod like this!

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Belatedly bumping this. I'm really hoping for Death Alternative for Fallout 4. For a start, having that safety net allows you to make challenging quests without having them crush the player into oblivion.

Also, the in-game Companions already make comments when Sole Survivor gets crippled or badly hurt. So, there are voice lines you can tie into the mod events.

Edited by Athanasa

• 4 months later...

Has this mod by now been made?
I die way to often and the load again button is really getiing me out of gameplay.

I liked this type of mod both in elder scrolls and fallout and it also makes me more into the armorer perk/skills since when you die you lose stuff so you need to recraft your amror more then once.

I kind of rage quited just now so i'm not playing again until this mod comes out haha.

• 2 months later...