CBBE, body slider corrupted Skin

metalinguss

Jeir, your information is appreciated but your tone is not. I've been using CBBE for a few years and am a modder so please try to be a bit kinder in your crit.

Elianora I completely appreciate your explanation of the mechanics of the issue it helps a great deal . So let me see if I understand. IN order for CBBE to function properly I need to install the Vanilla Outfit mod as well, in order for it to function properly. is that correct? My mistake was thinking that I only needed it if I was going to use the slide. I noticed the issue didn't occur until I removed the Vanilla Outfits mod. As far as using only CBBE compatible mods I'm aware of that.

The one thing I don't completely understand is why the issue persists after a clean uninstall of all mods, any ideas on that? I thought perhaps it was the cache so like I said I ran a cache integrity check but the issues still persist. Does the NMM have a cache that can be cleaned out? I seem to remember it does but could not locate one. Also I'm running two versions of the NMM one legacy for older games and one for FO4 (that was a suggested by Robin Scott).

I'm running the game in ultra on all counts so I can run high quality graphics with no issues. I know that modding FO4 is new ground and people are creating mods with out the benefit of a CK only using the basic tools available, I can completely appreciate the effort it must take to even create such complex mods. I plan on modding the game myself so understanding any and all issues is a benefit to me, so any knowledge from the more adept mod creators is always appreciated. I can't wait for the new CK to come out this should be an interesting next year for the Mod community!

Thanks for the responses from both of you! Most appreciated :cool:

Jeir, your information is appreciated but your tone is not. I've been using CBBE for a few years and am a modder so please try to be a bit kinder in your crit.

My 'tone' is known as 'exasperated'. Try answering the same questions for four-plus years and not feel disheartened when you take the time to type up FAQs and such, so people can help themselves, only for them to get ignored. =/ Already the issue of misplaced textures appearing on the clothed body when people don't install the Vanilla Outfits addon is the top one, as the FAQ reflects. I apologise if my response seemed hostile at all, but perhaps you can understand why with this explanation.

I need to install the Vanilla Outfit mod as well, in order for it to function properly. is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. Does it actually say in the documentation that it should only be used with BodySlide-made bodies? If so, I'll consult with Ousnius to get that resolved and made clearer. It probably would help if he and Caliente had released the outfit meshes with an actual preset applied, instead of the 'base' CBBE that doesn't fit any preset. Maybe it'll be changed for the next update.

The one thing I don't completely understand is why the issue persists after a clean uninstall of all mods, any ideas on that?

I do not, nor have I ever, used NMM/MO, so I wont be much help with this. I believe there were some issues with them and some FO4 mods/utilities, such as BodySlide (Ousnius had typed up how to use BodySlide with NMM in his sticky on the BodySlide page), but I don't know if those have been resolved yet.

I ran a cache integrity check but the issues still persist

Did you doublecheck that doing so didn't change your Fallout4custom.ini in any way? I doubt it would, but if you have both CBBE and the outfit addon installed, there's no other reason for it not to be working.

Jeir, first of all I completely understand and there are no hard feelings I just had to speak my mind on my immediate take on the response and I apologies for being a bit outspoken, I've been known to do that sometimes :blush:. I completely appreciate where you're coming from. As far as your taking the time to respond on the issue it is most welcomed and I thank you for doing so. I've worked in retail for over twelve years (at the same job) as a supervisor and other positions so I know what you mean about how you feel!!!! :pinch:

This is from the file page beneath CBBE Vanilla Outfits I bold typed the last line and underlined it.

"A selection of vanilla outfits (notably, ones showing skin) shaped to fit the CBBE Body. Includes BodySlide slider data for use with BodySlide. Check back for updates as more outfits are converted or updated! Requires BodySlide to be installed ."

So do you manually install you're mods? I have used FMM sometimes and find it to be functional. I'm actually a 30 year computer tech and have no issues doing my own stuff. Anyhow thanks again for the info and your time!

This is from the file page beneath CBBE Vanilla Outfits I bold typed the last line and underlined it.

<snip>

Ah, I see. Alright, I've fixed that now. It now says "Requires BodySlide to be installed if you want these to fit your custom shape." Hopefully that will make things a bit clearer.

So do you manually install you're mods?

Yup, although with the rare Bash (OB, SK) or FOMM (FO3, FNV) install. Have been installing manually since Morrowind, and am rather set in my ways, so don't really see any 'need' to use any other mod installing/uninstalling method than the one I've been using all along. =)

OK so just a recap. I've reinstalled as recommended and all is well for me. My graphics are back to normal, no more strange anomalies or black spots on shoulders!! Thanks for the help!!! Onward!!

hi guys, first of al sorry for my bad english, i have tryed to search around for a solution before post this, and also i have tryed to follow all the istruction that i found somewhere. i have this problem http://i64.tinypic.com/2qav7fd.jpg, as you see right shoulder problem. I tryed this. first of all unistalled all the mods, and doing this the problem disappeard.i gave to piper her original clothes, then Reinstalled cbbe and installed cbbe vanilla outfits, opened bodyside, selected vanilla body, selected batch build -cbbe body, and after build. At the moment if i start the game i find piper with her original clothes, and if i try to equip she with other clothes i came back with the right shoulder problem.... i surely mad some mistake cuz the first time i used this mod it was working... if someone could help me is much appreciated

Edited by gabrygabra

• 8 months later...

If you guys had just read the FAQ in the CBBE mod description, you'd have your answers/issues fixed. =/

Only use CBBE-compatible outfits on CBBE bodies. There is a list of compatible mods in the forums tab on the CBBE mod page.

You need to install the Vanilla Outfits addon from the CBBE mod page at the very least. You do not need to use BodySlide with the Vanilla Outfits, unless you want the clothed body to match the 'nude' one. Doing so is as simple as clicking a couple of buttons and unchecking a couple of boxes.

I've now tried 5 different CBBE armours and still get the patchy marks, so it can't be that.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting this issue as well, however I did not have CBBE nor busty GRRL when the issue began, I tried to fix said issue with these mods to no effect. (actually NMM will not install CBBE for me) OH and I also did NOT have NMM when this issue began. I had one tattoo mod but had no issues then I went to Doc Crock-pot in Diamond city and after surgery the skin glitch was there. It does not go away with removal of mods and I read all info the modders gave, no warnings about crap skin suddenly coming about.