CBBE, body slider corrupted Skin

metalinguss

I'm having trouble as well, it looks as if everything is fine in outfit studio but when I load up my game on Fallout 4 or F4SE, My character, Alex, has oversized breasts and the vanilla textures are a mess all over her body (Ex: The vanilla bra is on her chest. I have made my own body and batch built everything compatible with CBBE. I think it may be every armor that has this problem. When I take her clothes off she has the filthy vanilla body. I'm still kind of new to modding and i would greatly appreciate some help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The pic in the original post shows a body that has different skins applied to it. Most probably this is caused by adding the Unique Player mod without adding the proper CBBE files first (meaning you need to add the proper nifs to the unique player folders) and then not using the ctrl key when building a body to create a separate nif inside the BodySlide folder that also needs to be copied to the Unique Player folder to overwrite the nif file that's already there.

Even when not using the Unique Player mod you can get a patched-up body when activating two different skin mods for different body types, like a UNP body file and a CBBE body file. They don't overwrite one another since it concerns two different types, but they get applied to the same body nevertheless and you get a patchwork as a result.

I have been using mods for games for a long time now. I started with some really early games. Arcanum, Vampire The Masquerade Redemption, and a few others. I got to Oblivion, and was modding it, and it made me almost pull my hair out. I was also modding Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas. I have since learned a lot more about modding than just dumping things in a data folder. With Bethesda games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim, I discovered Mod Organizer. It did a wonderful job at creating a wonderful environment where I can mod the game, and still play it without mods, if I so chose. Since Skyrim, I have been using CBBE and Body slide, with great effect, and affect. I use only CBBE compatible bodies, clothes, and armor. I don't mix and match things at all. I may use one preset or another, but I usually look at things, and set them up how I would like them to be. CBBE and Bodyslide have brought back, for me, the joys of gaming. I have talked with either Caliente or Ousinus, if I spelled the names correctly, to see if they would port CBBE and Bodyslide to older games like Fallout 3, etc. Sadly, they would not. I digress, though. What some people need to do is not just read what is written on a page, but take it in, and even comprehend what is written there. I see these requests, and others, almost all the time on here. F4SE and CBBE seem to be the top few that people try to use, but fail somewhere.

• 1 year later...

Well, this has thrown me...I've been using CBBE, BodySlide, and a clothing pack by 2pac4eva made for CBBE, without any problems for quite a while now. Today, I kept encountering the crash in Far Harbor, when Old Longfellow says something about radaway near the edge of town.

One of the workarounds mentioned moving the Far Harbor DLC to being the first DLC in the load order, so I did that, to no effect. The next one said to bolt past the guy and just find Acadia on my own. I ran ahead, and it seemed to be not-crashing, but looking at myself I noticed the weird texture on my body. Patches and underwear that I was never using warped all over her and a foot or something on her calf. xD

I didn't change anything about CBBE or armor, so why would it suddenly do that? Was it moving the DLC up in the order while I was there, or something...?