Be honest about Willow

ForsakenWarrior

Willow feels like a sex toy instead of a companion.

If you've met her and don't like her I wouldn't expect that to change over time no matter what she does during gameplay. I usually decide whether I like a companion or not within the first five minutes. And, no, she isn't designed to be a sex toy, but I've found that her casual, sexual empowerment is confusing to a lot of players. I'd never write/release a girl companion like her again.

My question is how is willow's character?

Willow is an anti-NV character. She was written to be out-of-sync with everyone else in the game and to offer something different. She's the optimistic character in a sea of depressed ones. Her main trait is that she's devoted to the Courier; as friend or lover. It doesn't matter to her which it is. The relationship between the player and Willow grows over time, and is reflected through dialogue, which is different depending on what you do with her and if you are just friends or romance her, but primarily she's simply a devoted companion that offers her impressions about stuff and keeps you company. That's what I designed her to be.

Thank you that is the answer I needed. Apologies for any offense that I created, I just have high standards when it comes to modded characters and quest lines and every youtube video I have watched of Willow has portrayed her as an overly sexual object and I needed clear answers on if there was something missing. Have a good day everyone and keep modding.

If you've met her and don't like her I wouldn't expect that to change over time no matter what she does during gameplay. I usually decide whether I like a companion or not within the first five minutes. And, no, she isn't designed to be a sex toy, but I've found that her casual, sexual empowerment is confusing to a lot of players. I'd never write/release a girl companion like her again.

My question is how is willow's character?

Willow is an anti-NV character. She was written to be out-of-sync with everyone else in the game and to offer something different. She's the optimistic character in a sea of depressed ones. Her main trait is that she's devoted to the Courier; as friend or lover. It doesn't matter to her which it is. The relationship between the player and Willow grows over time, and is reflected through dialogue, which is different depending on what you do with her and if you are just friends or romance her, but primarily she's simply a devoted companion that offers her impressions about stuff and keeps you company. That's what I designed her to be.

Thank you that is the answer I needed. Apologies for any offense that I created, I just have high standards when it comes to modded characters and quest lines and every youtube video I have watched of Willow has portrayed her as an overly sexual object and I needed clear answers on if there was something missing. Have a good day everyone and keep modding.

No offense. I would have answered your questions in Willow's thread, if you'd come in there (I'm Willow's author). I have very, very high standards and appreciate that others may feel the same. I often tell people not to download or use her if I think it won't be a good fit.

Calling Willow a sex toy is not only unfair but isnt even true.You DONT have to romance her or have sex with her or whatever.Willow is to innocent to be seen as something like that. The only companion mod that actually can be cosidered a sex toy is Vanessa.

Mariofan17, you love Vanessa, don't lie, just like your twin Mariofan15. I see you both around the file regulary.

• 1 year later...

I personally love her. The character is well done, the voice actor is good, and she has an interesting backstory. There is an extra file you can download to make it so she will never be nude (hence the name "NeverNude") if that bothers you or anybody else. A few of the lines get boring after a bit, but nothing really that bad.

My favorite part is her singing. The voice actor has a good voice for it.

• 2 years later...

I actually just started playing with Willow. From a game play standpoint Boone is my Number 1 draft pick always will be. Him me and Ed-E is my favorite combo. But Willow and JT are great when you have Veronica working with you. I have yet to use her with Cass or any other companions. Nor have I progressed far enough with her to choose the romance or just friends option yet. Just wandering around blasting radscorpions and Deathclaws so far. Hell I haven't even completed GI Blues on this play-through yet so that should tell you how far along in the game I am. Just goofing around and trying new mods. Relatively new to modding the game actually. I've played the vanilla game off and on for a few years with and without the DLC's. But here a few months ago I installed it on my current computer via steam and started tinkering around again. I find her to be fun and upbeat. She is like the DLC's. A new wrinkle to the game that just keeps the story engaging and fun. Oh.... By the By.. 1802hrs Dec 31, 2019. Have a happy New Year everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Willow is a lovely character who comes from an emotionally safe, loving family. A character like that does not grow in the sense that emotionally unstable characters typical to FNV might grow. She doesn't need to grow as she's a full person already. Loving, caring, emphatic, with a set of clear values and goals of her own. She wants a home, a garden, a kitchen, nice clothes, a man and a dog. She'll make you go on a shopping spree and will give you a shovel to do some gardening work. I even used a Stealth Boy to get the last of her darned plants, and then that lovable pain-in-the-ass managed to make all that hard work and sneaking worth while. I love the contrast that Willow brings to FNV, her caring against the Wasteland's ruthlessness.

• 1 month later...

After playing with her for a while I only have one complaint. With her and a few of the other mods I have installed Ed-E has a glitch. Lorenzo will offer to upgrade him but at the end of his message where the followers break in and offer a different option I get a moment of screen glitch and no message from the followers. I didn't notice this on my first play with Willow but I installed her mid game and had already chose my Ed-E upgrade. When playing a new game with her installed I found the glitch. Now I don't know if it is the Willow mod or Jacobstown Expanded mod or the Perk at every level mod that did it but it was one of those 3 or a combo of 2 or all of them but it messed up my Ed-E upgrade choices. :mad: did disable of all but willow and used a save before Knight Lorenzo talks through Ed-E with no luck. Willow is the last mod I have to take out and see if it fixes it. But I'm not going to on this play through. I'll remove her on my next game and see if Ed-E choices revert to normal. So I guess ether I need a mod to beef up Ed-E's weapons or go with the brotherhood enhanced armor Ed -E. If I were playing hard core or survival or whatever it is called I'd go with brotherhood upgrade but I normally play regular mode so I like him to have better weapons. So, if Willow is the cause of this glitch I might not reinstall her till after getting Ed-E upgraded. On my next run I will take her out and leave the other 2 mods in. If that fixes it then great. I just don't install willow mod till after I get Ed where I want him. If not then I need to apologize to willow lol and keep searching for what it is I did to muff up the game. :ohmy:

• 1 year later...

My question is how is willow's character? [/size]

Hey, I play with willow every time Im in the mojave, I play with Heather every time Im in the commonwealth. You do awesome work that is very much appreciated, by alotta people, Im sure. :)