Finding the Forgotten Chest

TheMastersSon

I had no problem finding the first three chests in this side quest, but the last one (Forgotten Chest) eluded me for months. Even the walkthroughs and help guides weren't any help. So I think I found a better way to find this chest:

Follow the path S-SE from the towers. Along this path you will encounter the following, in order:

A set of two statues,
a toppled column,
a short wall remnant,
another statue (on your right), and finally
two more short wall remnants on the left side of the path.

When you get to the end of this second wall remnant, stop and look due SSW, up the hill. In the far distance you'll notice a few trees (it's actually five trees, once you get closer) that appear to be lined up moreless in a row. Your target is the large rock also visible behind this line of trees. The chest is located immediately to the right of this rock.

As you get closer you'll discover the target rock is not immediately behind the trees, but requires a little more climbing up the hill. But keep going in a straight as possible line and you'll run directly into it and the Forgotten Chest.

• 2 weeks later...

I had no problem finding the first three chests in this side quest, but the last one (Forgotten Chest) eluded me for months. Even the walkthroughs and help guides weren't any help. So I think I found a better way to find this chest:

Follow the path S-SE from the towers. Along this path you will encounter the following, in order:

A set of two statues,

a toppled column,

a short wall remnant,

another statue (on your right), and finally

two more short wall remnants on the left side of the path.

When you get to the end of this second wall remnant, stop and look due SSW, up the hill. In the far distance you'll notice a few trees (it's actually five trees, once you get closer) that appear to be lined up moreless in a row. Your target is the large rock also visible behind this line of trees. The chest is located immediately to the right of this rock.

As you get closer you'll discover the target rock is not immediately behind the trees, but requires a little more climbing up the hill. But keep going in a straight as possible line and you'll run directly into it and the Forgotten Chest.

What quest is this from? I've 100%'d Oblivion and remember nothing about four chests.

The Forgotten Chests of Pale Pass a non-journal quest you can do while doing Lifting the Vale for Countess Narina Carvain of Bruma.

- Edit - LOL ... which category do I fit into??

Edited by Striker879

The Forgotten Chests of Pale Pass a non-journal quest you can do while doing Lifting the Vale for Countess Narina Carvain of Bruma.

- Edit - LOL ... which category do I fit into??

Hehe, general users, I'd think. "Legendary adventurer" by your post count. Like I said, there are 3 main categories of people on this site. Moderators, users, and trolls/pirates/spoiled 12 year old CoD kids who get banned within the first week for the things you see in the "BANNED" forums section.

Regardless, it's all sterotyping at the very least. That's like saying Russians are vodka-inhaling drunkards (which to an extent is true, there's a joke that "vodka" is Russian for "Water").

• 1 month later...

Legendary ... oh oh, have you been stalking me?

That post of yours did give me a good chuckle though ... a rare enough thing while I wait patiently for spring.

Oh, goodness no, I already have a boyfriend...and a brother. And yes, I can't wait for spring, I've already downloaded Summer in Skyrim.