Settlement Mods

xXStorkXx

Just run a search for Homemaker on the nexus, and one for SSex. By itself, SSex has yet to cause a CTD. Homemaker is known to CTD with Mod Organizer. It is documented right on the mod's page, both in the bug reports and in the comments. And the best anyone can hope to running it even slightly is to either use NMM or install it manually. And since I like to keep my data folder clean, that is not an option. So, it is either use, "an outdated, and useless mod," or one that is known to cause my game to crash when I do anything, aside from scrapping, in my workshop menu. Well, I for one, will choose one that works, and works well, over something that crashes my game when I try to do anything more than scrap.

Just run a search for Homemaker on the nexus, and one for SSex. By itself, SSex has yet to cause a CTD. Homemaker is known to CTD with Mod Organizer. It is documented right on the mod's page, both in the bug reports and in the comments. And the best anyone can hope to running it even slightly is to either use NMM or install it manually. And since I like to keep my data folder clean, that is not an option. So, it is either use, "an outdated, and useless mod," or one that is known to cause my game to crash when I do anything, aside from scrapping, in my workshop menu. Well, I for one, will choose one that works, and works well, over something that crashes my game when I try to do anything more than scrap.

Funny how it won't work for you but anyone else has little to no issues. If MO crashes when installing this mod (and it does, what a surprise, I mean, who'd expect an early alpha version of a program to work flawlessly), then it's on MO's side. I've used and use MO for older Fallout, but for FO4, and specially for a someone with little knowledge of mods there's no point to complicate them with your MO.

90% of the HM comments are people with bad load order. That's all, nothing else. And of those, most have Ssex installed and experience no issues once they fix the load order and remove ssex. What a suprise, again.

Again, point out the three patches required to run HM on it's own. You didn't answer. A simple copy paste of them will suffice.

As to Wax2k, you have seen fit to attack anyone who has proven, time and again, that Homemaker does NOT work unless it is patched to work. And you have done so on a personal level. Now, anyone else reading this, do NOT take any advise from Wax2k.

There's a difference between attacking someone and proving him wrong or even helping him making it work without issues, so apart from you, I don't think I have done anything to anyone here that would deserve the term "attack". But since you refuse to even test my claims yourself, it's no wonder that you can't find out, that they're true. It seems similar to the creationists' approach to evolution.

And by the way: did you help any user with realizing their mod setup with your approach to the same level of dedication, detail and success like I did with 100+ users? I can't find any evidence on that, but feel free to prove me wrong.

So to everyone reading this: feel free to take advice from SirTwist. Just don't expect him to help you until it works or to allow you to use workshop mods apart from SSEx. You might want to take a look at the unresolved and unanswered issue reports on its Bugs section beforehand though, to get an impression of how well and stable it performs and how fast and successful issues with that mod are being resolved.

Meanwhile, tens of users having their games fixed by wax [...]

Make that 100+... boy, it sounds cocky, but it is the truth.

By itself, SSex has yet to cause a CTD.

Welp, just browse its Custom Doors section until you hit that door second to last with the invisible icon for an example demonstration of CTDs caused by SSEx. If you care for more, just look at the Bugs section on SSEx's mod page. Not your first false claim on the matter of SSEx.

Homemaker is known to CTD with Mod Organizer.

The issue is more like MO2 not handling FOMOD well in every case yet, leading to files either installed in the wrong folders or not even installed at all thus leading to crashes. MO2 has had these issues with other mods as well, that add additional files apart from just esm/esp files. So again: a false claim to blame it on Homemaker.

Edited by wax2k

I'm done arguing. I won't use Homemaker, and I will tell people to be cautious of even attempting to use it. I won't attack anyone, either, for using. I will state that I have been using Mod Organizer for a while now, and absolutely nowhere have I seen it do anything other than the job it's supposed to. I've had a few minor problems with the 2 alpha 3 version, but after people solved it, I've had a few problems with it, but overall, I've not had any problems with it. And I love the fact that my Data folder, aside from the F4SE scripts, is clean with nothing extra in it. So, I am done beating a dead horse.

• 1 year later...

Let's get back to xXStorkXx's question, I agree with Ethreon in regards to Ssex, as I have tried to use that mod but I wound up having to remove it do to the reasons that Ethreon has posted. I have also used MO and NMM and found NMM to be more stable at the present time. I agree that using a virtual folder is better than stuffing all the files into the game folder, but until MO becomes stable, I will use NMM. So xXstorkXx I would strongly suggest to remove Ssex and use Homemaker instead, and also limit the amount of settlement mods that you may be using to keep the missing tabs bug from happening. Thanks Ethreon for all the help you give us mod users, it is most appreciated.