NPC Bed Issues!

Burnout122812

For the life of me I have no idea what I am doing wrong with the NPC bed situation! I know NPC's go to bed at night but the NPC's in my game do not. Do I have too many in one room or in one area? Do they all need to be assigned to a bed? Is this a Bethesda bug? Why do they all just huddle in one area at night?!?!

Edited by AtirusGaming

They seem to not be able to find a way to the beds. Any custom/modded floors/walls/doors in use? If so, they might not be navmeshed properly. Apart from that, the AI navigation is pretty flawed even in vanilla game. Try putting some beds outside. Another issue might be the assignment. Try scrapping and rebuilding the beds and assign the settlers manually to them.

Edited by wax2k

Some modded doors and floors but nothing that should make ALL of them huddle in one area. A few beds are in other areas that do not have modded doors or floors. They have no issues doing daily routines using modded doors or floors...so why the heck would they have a problem using beds? I do have some of them assigned to beds but not all of them. I am completely baffled! I have heard that you can only put like 4 beds in an area at a time. I hope that's not true.

Edited by AtirusGaming

There is a bug, if you will, that after playing for so long, the settlers tend to congregate rather than go to bed. At this point, just save and exit the game to desktop. Then restart the game. That should clear everything up.

Also, if you're using a mod such as Homemaker that allows you to create double beds you can still only assign one settler to it (although it will count as two beds as far as stats are concerned). I found that out when I tried to be nice (silly me) and build a double bed for Marcy and Jun Long. I assigned Jun first and then Marcy to the double bed. When night came Marcy slept in the double bed and Jun wound up in MY bed.

I really don't like the Longs. I'm sorry for their kid and all, but....