Nehrim: OBSE not found

Sebiale

Recently installed Nehrim, and while I don't think OBSE is necessary for it, it says that it can't find OBSE in the settings section. That may be a problem if I try to install any mods for Nehrim, so I'd rather try to deal with it now.

Just install OBSE to the Nehrim folder exactly as you would to the default Oblivion folder; the Nehrim launcher should then automatically detect its presence there.

The Nehrim launcher should also give you the option whether or not to use OBSE.

Ah, it seems I had to add the vanilla OBSE launcher to the Nehrim folder as well (I just had the steam launcher in before).

Edit: But apparently it's going to be difficult about this...

When I try to start Nehrim from the launcher, it gives me the Oblivion launcher page with all options grayed out except for Elderscrolls.com and exit.

Trying with the default desktop shortcut that the Nehrim.exe installed just gives me a steam error.

Edited by Sebiale

As far as I know the Steam version of OBSE doesn't use a launcher, the obse_steam_loader.dll is loaded along with the obse_1_2_416.dll and obse_editor_1_2.dll that are common with the non-Steam version by running the normal OblivionLoader.exe. If you are running Steam have you tried copying obse_1_2_416.dll and obse_editor_1_2.dll along with obse_steam_loader.dll into the Nehrim directory and then start Nehrim normally? The OBSE readme also says:

Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

Not sure if this needs to be done for the Nehrim install as well or not.

Should nehrim.esm and nehrimdata.esp be showing up in the Data files when I run the normal oblivion.exe?

Also, those two files and nehrimenglish keep getting unchecked for some reason in the data files section of the Nehrim launcher.

I get two alternating error codes: steam error code 53 and application load error 5:0000065434