what are the best/must have mods for a new comer entering the world of Skyrim

blac8324

What's up people this is actually not my first time playing skyrim but it is my first time playing on cpu and using mods, the last time I played was when it first came out so I know a lot has change. I went to the mod list and was instantly confused by so many talented people mods. so if you guys had to create a so called starter pack what mods would be in it. I understand everyone play style is different. also is there a mod to increase the damage of the magic spells. thanks everyone.

It's really up to what you want. I'm a pretty recently new member too, but some mods that have interested me are quest mods like forgotten city, helgen reborn, moonpath of elswyr, etc. Some immersion mods such as immersive patrols, travellers of skyrim, and maybe even warzone if your computer can handle it. I feel that having these immersive mods that add more people also add to the realism of having others around too. As for graphical mods, I'm not too experienced with since I worry that my laptop won't be able to handle that much of it. Maybe I may try it later on? I don't know yet hahah. As for follower mods...just be careful with the ones you try out, the one main problem I had recently (just fixed it somewhat today) was with Multiple Followers Lite (was rated pretty high too) mod in steam workshop which I had used for about a month already until the game decided to crash everytime I enter the loading screen about 4 days ago. Just make sure your mods match and don't cause crashes :( those are the biggest pains for me x.x

Ok.... Since you already played before :

- Must have : SkyUI , SKSE

- People of Skyrim : Adds tons of visual goodies to the world, makes it come alive, and creates immersive extended settlements

- 3DNPCs : Adds tons of fully fleshed out NPCs, some are even superfollowers who are location aware like Serena, or take YOU on a quest.

- College of Winterhold : LOVE this mod, enhances the college is so many ways.

- Bodychangers : use at least Bodyslider to create your favourite type of body. Add textures, SG Renewal is a good starter for female, CMO Complete Male Overhaul for males.

- Racemenu : ties in with the bodychanger, so you can customize your character.

- Home mods : Mammoth Manor is a great one.

- Better battles : Revenge of the Enemies 2016.

- Better NPC ai and schedules : Immersive Citizens

- Just good utlities : Quickloot, Simply Knock (holy s#*! this one is good! Just came out) and Immersive HUD.

- Followers : EFF (Extended Follower Framework)

This is just my current round-up, add quests or new worlds as you see fit.

Start small with SkyUI, SKSE, SKSE.ini enhancements, and ENBoost. From there you can add others. One at a time is preferable. Boombro's suggestion of the USLEEP patch and texture packs is a good one. When my son loaded Skyrim onto my computer, he added the Bethesda HD packs and then Skyrim 2K. It looked good to me and much better than the earliest Skyrim videos. Make sure you download a program called LOOT (just google LOOT) and run it each time after adding your mods.

The easiest way to add mods is with Nexus Mod Manager version .56.1 (the last simple version made). Later on, when you feel more competent and lucky, you might want to try Mod Organizer or whatever version the NMM is up to by then.

Enjoy.