Weird CBBE Skin Bug

MEISCOOKIES

I had a similar problem but with Skyrim bodies. The problem was a conflict between the body and the texture used, as some people have already pointed out.

A possible fix is reinstalling CBBE, overwriting everything. Also, if you have Valkyr's body texture - it is NOT compatible with CBBE, and you should uninstall it. You may just want to uninstall all bodies/textures and reinstall only CBBE and see if that helps. Sometimes you just gotta start over.

Also, it is pretty important you let it overwrite things. If you say "no to all" it's possible that is causing something to go wrong. Not 100% sure if that's your problem but it is worth mentioning.

jones177 also mentioned checking your inis which is a good idea. Make sure your inis are still setup for Fallout 4 modding.

How to enable modding

1. Navigate to your Fallout 4 Folder at the following location "Documents/My Games/Fallout 4"
  2. Within this folder you'll find a number of .ini files.
  3. Open (or create, if missing) Fallout4Custom.ini with your favourite text editor (we use Notepad++).
  4. Add the following lines to your Fallout4Custom.ini
    [Archive]
    bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
    sResourceDataDirsFinal=
  5. Save and close Fallout4Custom.ini
Edited by Guest

I seem to have got it working... er, mostly, sort of. I can use new shapes and such on my player (using unique player) but I did something and now everyone is using the same new bodyshape. I even tried moving everything out of the mesh assets for the npcs, and re-installing cbbe, but the npcs are still somehow using the new bodyshape. Not sure how that's even possible since I wiped "character assets" of meshes and re-installed cbbe's stuff. I must have misclicked somewhere in bodyslide but I can't track it down.

Edit: Apparently batch builds in bodyslide apply to everyone and not just the player character, so it looked like everyone was sharing my unique player appearance. Seems to defeat the purpose of the unique player mod, if the bodyslides for the outfits are just going to apply to everyone anyway.

Edited by SirDanest

• 1 month later...

It's not a bug. It's a conflict between installed and used files. If you have the unique Player mod, for starters you need to hold the ctrl key when building a body so that a unique nif is created and not one that all females will use.

But mostly it's an error when installing Unique Player and not transferring the needed files to the right folders and BodySlide not knowing where to install/save what you do in BodySlide.

Create your new body, hold down CTRL and click Build. That places a new body mesh (femalebody.nif) in the BodySlide directory. Copy or move that new body mesh into Data\Meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets. If you do not hold down CTRL when clicking build, like I said before, the new body goes to Data\Meshes\actors\character\CharacterAssets and is then used by ALL females in the game...

But before you start even to think about building a new body, you first need to copy the two 1st person files and two body & hands files from Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets into Data\meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets

The same with textures. Go to Data\textures\actors\character\basehumanfemale and copy 6 files (BaseFemaleHands_d.dds, BaseFemaleHands_n.dds, BaseFemaleHands_s.dds, femalebody_d.dds, femalebody_n.dds and femalebody_s.dds) into Data\textures\actors\character\PlayerHumanFemale.

Now you can use BodySlide.

Adapt your body, then hold down the CTRL button and click Build. Your new body mesh, femalebody.nif, will be located in the Data\Tools\BodySlide directory. Move that femalebody.nif to the Data\Meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets folder and voila: a clean, spanking new body...

hey idk if you are on or even pay attention to this ? but does this still work ? and what do you mean adapt the body ?

• 4 weeks later...

It's not a bug. It's a conflict between installed and used files. If you have the unique Player mod, for starters you need to hold the ctrl key when building a body so that a unique nif is created and not one that all females will use.

But mostly it's an error when installing Unique Player and not transferring the needed files to the right folders and BodySlide not knowing where to install/save what you do in BodySlide.

Create your new body, hold down CTRL and click Build. That places a new body mesh (femalebody.nif) in the BodySlide directory. Copy or move that new body mesh into Data\Meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets. If you do not hold down CTRL when clicking build, like I said before, the new body goes to Data\Meshes\actors\character\CharacterAssets and is then used by ALL females in the game...

But before you start even to think about building a new body, you first need to copy the two 1st person files and two body & hands files from Data\meshes\actors\character\characterassets into Data\meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets

The same with textures. Go to Data\textures\actors\character\basehumanfemale and copy 6 files (BaseFemaleHands_d.dds, BaseFemaleHands_n.dds, BaseFemaleHands_s.dds, femalebody_d.dds, femalebody_n.dds and femalebody_s.dds) into Data\textures\actors\character\PlayerHumanFemale.

Now you can use BodySlide.

Adapt your body, then hold down the CTRL button and click Build. Your new body mesh, femalebody.nif, will be located in the Data\Tools\BodySlide directory. Move that femalebody.nif to the Data\Meshes\actors\character\PlayerCharacterAssets folder and voila: a clean, spanking new body...

hey idk if you are on or even pay attention to this ? but does this still work ? and what do you mean adapt the body ?

Sure it still works. It's the basics for using Unique Player. With "adapting" the body I mean sculpt a body to your liking in BodySlide.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm having the same weird mixed texture problem.

Following your (MoralMinority) instructions, I found that I have no "basehumanfemale" directory. The "playerhumanfemale" does exist, however. No idea what caused this...

Is there no satisfying response to this bug? have the same issue. The vanillia texture is wrapped around the new body competing for space. No matter what I do, it's there. Additional skin mods simply burry the issue making the model look like it' has scars, int the shape of underwear.

https://gyazo.com/fbe7582d20caa36cc48dd935ae8e90cf

You are my hero! This worked out perfect. just the face still a bit darker but dayam, the body!

• 8 months later...

I tried to do things with bodyslide, trying to fix it. The problem though... I only show up on a settler, the old one at Greentop Nursery, I can't fix it... >_third As mods for body use CBBE, and as skin use Valkyr (body & face). The problem is: I can't solve the problem with the woman... Other people look like "normal"... The only one who seems to have that problem is her... and since she's one of those missions, I can't kill her either! xD I even tried to go back with the saves... to see if I could fix it, I reinstalled both CBBE, and Valkyr... but nothing seems to work... (Ah, uso anche Josie Bodyslide presets). Can someone help me?