Have some dragon files....

Wolflady500

Hello all Oblivion peeps out there! I had a question about some files I found on my PC I downloaded last year while I was looking to see what creature resources I had to use for my mod that I am remaking.

Anyway they are dragon models and textures, perfectly working and including the Akatosh mounts by SaidonStorm, but also includes a bunch of other nice, huge dragons. Anyway I found the readme in the folder but it was written in what I believe was Spanish, so I decided to use Google Translator, I know it stinks but I could read it pretty clearly and it said in the readme that the files can be used for other mods as long as credit is given.

Now I am hesitant though because the mod doesn't seem to exist anymore, or maybe on another site I found a year ago and downloaded it and never used it, and the readme had to be translated. So my question is, would it be alright to use these dragons as long as credit is given like the readme says? And should I post both non-translated and translated readme in the file for proof?

I believe the readme says the mod is called dragons of Cyrodill if that helps.

If the readme wants credit and you supply said credit I see no issue.

If the mod maker is still actively involved in the scene then I doubt he had a huge change of heart and you're golden.

If the mod maker is gone from modding oblivion or has moved on in life I highly doubt he cares one way or another at this point. But that could be just me projecting seeing as when I walk away from things I tend to have a "fire and forget" approach to it. Put it out there, let people do whatever they want with it, and walk away with no cares in the world.

Yeah, far as I know the mod was abandon, I can't find anything recent about it, worst come the worst I won't be hiding who it belongs to, if someone wants me to take it down then I can.

There was permission to use the dragon/components, 'providing credit to SaidenStorm', on another site at one stage.

I recently tracked him down to ask if I could use the animation files and skeleton weight painted to another creature. His reply was "Sure go for it, good luck with your mod.".

I won't put his email here but if you google 'SaidenStorm' you should have no problem finding his website.

Bear in mind that he is probably very busy with whatever he is doing, you may have to wait and I'd be very surprised if he said no.

I would start using the dragon resources in the meantime.