Why hasn't Bethesda fixed this! Fullscreen bug!

Deleted27222049User

Okay, so I'm gonna start this off by saying I love Bethesda games. I think what they did with the Fallout series is very well done and I thank them for keeping the Fallout universe alive. I love The Elder Scrolls and Dishonored is awesome. But I have one huge problem with them that infuriates me...

There is a pretty well known bug that affects a significant amount of laptop users. I'm talking about the game crashing bug during that affects a lot of nvidia powered laptops when you first launch the game. If you are not aware of this bug, every time someone affected by this tries to launch their game in full-screen mode the screen goes completely black and flickers a couple of times until it crashes. There is a workaround that requires you to play in windowed mode. But it isn't a fix, just a workaround. In case any of you weren't aware, Fallout 4 suffers a pretty dramatic performance drop when playing in windowed mode. I know 2 people personally whose laptops can't even run it in windowed it's fps is so bad, so they basically wasted $60. I was fine playing like this for the first month because I thought Bethesda was going to fix it, but they haven't done s#*!. And it appears that they aren't going to do s#*! about this which really upsets me, and really makes me question the company itself.

If anyone knows of a way to fix this or a mod to fix this it would be greatly appreciated if you'd let me know because this is honestly ridiculous. My laptop would be able to play this at 1080p on Ultra with a solid 40-50 fps. Instead, I play at 720p, between high and ultra and am just hovering over 30 fps. I've also read somewhere that it's because the game can't fully recognize my monitor or something along those lines.

tl;dr - Lots of laptops won't launch fullscreen and Bethesda hasn't done s#*! about it. The only workaround kills performance. Any mods to fix this would be great!

I play Skyrim and FO4 just fine on my laptop on ultra. I have an 850M in my laptop and have had no issues. I do know that if you have your nvidia settings with vsync on it will drop fps rates quickly. I have everything on application controlled. Not saying that this is the answer, just an FYI.

Have you mentioned this over on the Bethesda site?

https://community.bethesda.net/community/fallout/fallout-4

They might like to know and have a more encouraging response for you than here.

The Rabbit

I mentioned briefly in my beta review I posted on their site, but it appears my post isn't there anymore.... -_- (company conspiracy?!?!!)

And I know others have said this to Bethesda and have received little to no response. I mean I still love the game, but this has just made me question Bethesda itself. This is a pretty bad bug for being as prevalent as it is and I'm shocked that it hasn't been fixed. Ahhhh well, thank you for the response!

I play Skyrim and FO4 just fine on my laptop on ultra. I have an 850M in my laptop and have had no issues. I do know that if you have your nvidia settings with vsync on it will drop fps rates quickly. I have everything on application controlled. Not saying that this is the answer, just an FYI.

Hmmmmm, I'll check that out see if it gives me a fps boost! Thanks! Also, is yours able to run fullscreen??

• 2 years later...