Is this a dictatorship?

DeepSoul

*raises head from the rocks*

It wasn't me! It was KOStudios you're thinking of... :P

*goes into hiding again*

But yes that is indeed very true.

There have been quite a few reinstatements lately and if we were really in a bad dictatorship they would never have happened...

I'd never be back :ohdear:

It's not hard to follow the TOS, it really is common sense in a way.

Just stay calm, be mature in bad situations and things will be fine. (I learned that the hard way)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not a dictatorship nor a democracy, it's a private property.

for example, if you own a library, you allow people to come and to read your books, and maybe to pay and to rent them.

but i guess you don't want they come and tear a page, listen loud music and break the tables.

it's the same thing here. Dark0ne owns the site, and allow user to upload and download mods. we can pay to have more things, but he's still the owner. he decides of what we can and cannot do.

Clearly this place is a tyranical dictatorship lead by Adolf Dark0ne and his band of crones including such loveable characters as Mao Buddah, Lon Stalin, The Czar Dante, Saddam BBen, Kim Jong Darkewolf, Vladimir Thandal, Kaiser Vagrant0 and....Myrmaad Palin (sorry Myr...).

Dark0ne, Best. Post. Ever. Of all time. Kudos to you.

Clearly this place is a tyranical dictatorship lead by Adolf Dark0ne and his band of crones including such loveable characters as Mao Buddah, Lon Stalin, The Czar Dante, Saddam BBen, Kim Jong Darkewolf, Vladimir Thandal, Kaiser Vagrant0 and....Myrmaad Palin (sorry Myr...).

Hey! You forgot me and Baron! ;D We have to deal with the chat trolls, and I'm sure they have a few bad names for us as well. :devil:

(also, that is and EPIC answer, Dark0ne. Kudos. :D )

I won't mind if other forums were ran by this sort of "dictatorship". I was a member at another forum for 7 years, saw it grew from less than a 100 members to the massive 600k it is today. It has also become the worse forum I've ever been to, a far cry from the close-knit community it was in the beginning. It's filled with underaged, oversexed boys, trolls, flamers and spammers. The moderation team is about the same size as Nexus but they don't/can't do anything about those silly people and let them run amok. Everything goes as long as you don't do anything really stupid.

So yeah, really appreciate what the mods/admins are doing here.

Edited by omeletted

[btw, who is Vladimir Thandal referring to?

Think it's Vladimir Lenin :biggrin:

Also, now that I'm replying anyway, if this were a dictatorship, why do some who were previously banned get reinstated? (KDStudios is a prime example of this btw) Doesn't seem very dictator-like to me.

Because you made them swear a blood oath to support the regime and reveal it's enemies?

I'm glad I made this thread, because it gave me the opportunity to read Dark0ne's reply. I'm still laughing when I think about it. I can only say it's fair enough that he does what he wants since he doesn't really seem to abuse his power and so on. Btw, how did you come into possession of this site Dark0ne? Bought it and then developed it to what it is today? I would also like to know how you choose the moderators? Your friends or people who have contributed a lot to the site and proved they are responsible people?