Thoughts on BF2

AdrenalRacer

well just got the battefield 2 complete collection for 4 pounds !!!!

so 1 pound a game :D

edit: oh new and sealed i may open it sunday night :D

Played this game tons... well 466 hours 44 minutes and 5 seconds according to my stats. While the game was fairly buggy at times, only fond memories remain really. Infantry only servers were a right blast. Support with a MG36 and you just rack up the kills. The grenade spam at the start of Karkand would be unreal though on 64 man servers... all you would hear is "GRENADE!!", "FRAG GRENADE!", "FRAG OUT!" or "PUMBULA!" all the time.

I would always stick to the big public servers though where anything goes. I hated those over-regulated clan ones... of which there seemed to be too many. I usually got a high amount of kills and end up being kicked for false reasons that they make up like 'spawn killing'. Obviously don't like much competition despite being a clan.

Getting in a buggy and running people down on Wake Island was always hilarious... sounding the horn just before you hit. 'Jihad-Jeeping' would always be a good laugh too. Strap C4 to jeep, get in, drive to enemy tank/fav/infantry, jump out, detonate and watch the fireworks.

BF2 offered tons of hilarious situations to occur. I remember one time hiding from the view of a tank and a few other units, deep in enemy territory, hoping to capture a flag on Karkand. I was squad captain and a member spawned on me, immediately throwing around ammo packs, "AMMO HERE!! GET AMMO HERE!!", needless to say I then had a few tank shells coming my way.

Also, you start learning arabic after so long and don't even need to look at the chat when the commander yells out what he spotted. It takes some time to get used to the never ending commander chat though if you're new to BF2. Enemy Infantry spotted! Enemy Sniper Spotted! Enemy Infantry spotted! Enemy Tank spotted! Enemy spotted!.

Oh and I'd love telling people that "You're the worst squad I've ever had the misfortune to see! My grandmother could do better!" when I was commander and they didn't listen to my order. I'd always praise ones that do though.

It's always interesting to check stats too: http://bf2s.com/player/67373141/

I have 316 Knife kills and 99 Defibrillator kills! Maybe I'll install it again to get my 100th Defib kill. Some stats are odd though, the 'Death' column for weapons mean if you died while having that weapon out. Since there's no way that I've been defib killed 677 times.

• 2 months later...

I used to be absolutely dead-accurate with the gunship tv missile. I always played with my dad who was in the same room as me, made it way easier to communicate. We would pwn like crazy on some servers, and routinely get kicked for some bs reason :rolleyes: .

When I wasn't gunning on a gunship at dragon valley, I'd be spec ops. I could get really good at sneaking up on tanks and apcs, stick a c4 on 'em and watch them blow to smithereens :biggrin: .

I still play off and on, but now I play a lot more project reality. Sometimes the mod can be a pain in the butt, but wow is the best thing I've ever played if you get in a squad that really knows teamwork. And on certain maps I can really solo it and piss the enemy off with a marksman kit. :happy:

• 5 years later...