Tribunal/Bloodmoon - fatal error

So I have the jewel case; game of the year edition of morrowind which comes with the tribunal and bloodmoon disks the only problem is when I install either one in I get an error when I try to load up the game. "Failed to load snowflake: Meshes\BM_Snow_01.nif." I've got no clue how to fix this so I can play tribunal and bloodmoon. In addition to that if I turn off the master files for Tribunal and Bloodmoon it still supplies the error unless I uninstall the whole game and then re-install it. Are there any fixes for this?

Some advice from the official forums here, basically right-click setup.exe and Run as Administrator.

Also, ensure you install somewhere other than the Program Files directory

Also, also ensure you install Morrowind > Tribunal > Bloodmoon.

Congratulations! You got the famous Snowflake bug! I haven't heard of it in years. I kinda forgot about it really. No worries, it is like rain on your wedding day, consider it good luck :teehee:

I would definitely follow Dragon32's advice... but I would also do a complete re-installation of the game.

Uninstall Morrowind and manually delete any left over files.

Then I would run CCleaner and click the Registry button and run it. Run it again just to make sure everything is gone. Keep repeating this process untill it comes up blank. When it offers you the opportunity to create a backup click YES.

*Note: Download CCleaner from the Piriform web site. It may redirect you to FileHippo but don't do it from there.

Reinstallation instructions.

Create a Bethesda Softworks folder on your "C" drive, and then inside the folder create another folder named TES III Morrowind.

Install everything into your new Bethesda Softworks\TES III Morrowind folder.

Run everything as ADMINISTRATOR. Just right click on the icon and choose, "run as admin"

Reinstall Morrowind Construction Set as admin first even if you don't use it. Why? Because this will enable you to choose where you want to install the game. Otherwise if you skip this step the auto install will place it in your Program Files and the game won't play properly from there. Now you are able to cut the entire game from Program Files to your C drive and the game will work HOWEVER, your registry will only recognize the game in program files and that may become a pain later on with other utility programs you may want to use. ie. BSAReg.exe

Install Morrowind disk as admin, them Tribunal as admin and then Bloodmoon as admin.

Delete any and all desktop short cuts that have been created during the install process and manually recreate them.

Have fun :thumbsup:

Edit: Provided CCleaner link and download instruction.

Edited by Psijonica