MOD Holotape naming convention

neokio

Ya, I just released a mod with two Versions using:

[settings] Name of Tape

or

[Holotape] [Mod] Name of Tape

The whole [sPACE][settings] it a bad idea IMO.

Not sure why you would want something you may hardly use or use once or twice at the top.

They should be at the bottom.

I was initially going to ask for a [settings] Tab to keep them seperate from other holotapes.

Edited by neotropic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also looking forward to MCM.

More options for our options :)

Next... to figure out how to add new HUD items via Flash. Use to be a Flash master back in FlashMX days building apps connecting to MySQL ect. Now I look at it and I am a little lost (Adobe Animation)

I know you have to load each SWF by a level. Now... if we can get someone (or myself) create a new HUDMenu.swf to load another .SWF in which that SWF reads an XML file and that XML file is a generated XML file of HUD Items and load each SWF file to a new LVL ect.... Kinda like FNV that one mod in FNV that merged HUD items via XML

This is in theory, I am going off of previous knowledge of Flash.

And also wanting to figure out how they are passing or retrieveing (most likely this) values to the Flash Files.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I very much doubt Flash will be required for creating MCM settings.

I can't really find any documentation for MCM Fallout New Vegas.

However for SkyUI (whose MCM component was based on Pelinor's work),

the examples show how easy it is for mod authors to create config menus.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I very much doubt Flash will be required for creating MCM settings.

I can't really find any documentation for MCM Fallout New Vegas.

However for SkyUI (whose MCM component was based on Pelinor's work),

the examples show how easy it is for mod authors to create config menus.

Oh, phew. OMG THAT WAS CLOSE. *nervous chuckle*

That's right, you won't need to learn anything outside of Papyrus to make a menu with MCM. I'm basing it on an unpublished (and unfinished :ermm:) evolution to FNV's MCM from about 2 years ago, which is way easier to work with than the original. The script will be in essentially two sections - one for defining the menu and the other for managing values returned from the user. There's a bit more information to input when defining the menu, but it ends up being much easier to read and alter.

Still waiting on F4SE to bridge the UI and Papyrus before it really gets going, though. Then there's the mess of Flash and the decompiled UI to fully understand...

That's right, you won't need to learn anything outside of Papyrus to make a menu with MCM. I'm basing it on an unpublished (and unfinished :ermm:) evolution to FNV's MCM from about 2 years ago, which is way easier to work with than the original. The script will be in essentially two sections - one for defining the menu and the other for managing values returned from the user. There's a bit more information to input when defining the menu, but it ends up being much easier to read and alter.

Still waiting on F4SE to bridge the UI and Papyrus before it really gets going, though. Then there's the mess of Flash and the decompiled UI to fully understand...

Would you be willing to release source for FNV MCM? :cool: