AltreU

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk. im really dissappointed. not so much in the game

i hate to say it but, imo, they dropped the ball on it. :/

You're not making any sense

like im not disappointed in the game as a whole. i am still enjoying it. though not as much as i enjoyed Demons Souls. im playing Dark Souls for a little bit here and there whereas i played Demons Souls all day. so the game Dark Souls, isnt bad. its still a decent game that any fan of Demons Souls should grab....they dropped the ball on the online. not being able to coop with friends. that was what caused Demons Souls to last, the fact you could coop with specific ppl, grab ppl to trade with, meet up with ppl. you cant do that in Dark Souls because of the way they set up the servers, they did it on purpose, and they really ruined the game because of it. Dark Souls now is a one play through game, maybe two if you really liked it. but without the option to coop with friends, without the option to trade with ppl to make builds easier to make and as such making the game a little more enjoyable because you dont have to grind every single time, people will go back to Demons Souls while the servers are still up, then unfortunately forget both games until (unless) a third game comes out....i, as well as a lot of other Dark Souls/Demons Souls fans have already sent a message to From Software/Namco Bandai about the online and how we all thing its stupid. idk if it will do anything, i doubt they will change their servers, but it cant hurt, because if they do make a 3rd game, they will know they NEED to go back to the online structure of Demons Souls, or else ppl wont buy the game.

• 1 month later...

We are supposed to be getting a new patch eventually, the 1.04 patch created problems in Japan, and they are working on another, a 1.05 patch which we will end up getting eventually.

I like Dark Souls for the single player campaign, but the multiplayer is kinda sad. You can't even connect with friends reliably. And currently there are too many cheap gimmicks that invaders use by exploiting glitches, and broken items/spells. So my Dark Souls experience has been mostly offline. First time I got invaded it was by a guy with a stone greatsword, and he swap casted Crystal Magic weapon on it and the gravity effect did DOT damage, I couldn't do jack about it. And there is more of this going on than legitimate challengers.

yea the first few times i got invaded were by Ring of Fog user and Tranquil Walk of Peace user. i continued to play online, but if i got invaded id just QQ out. im good at PvP. i could take any invader on in Demons Souls no problem, but everyone in Dark Souls spams the same stuff and it gets annoying. but i like online for this hints and the occasional coop session. but yea, not being able to play with friends reliably sucks. me and a friend were both in the Warrior of Sunlight covenant, which is supposed to help your chances of coop with members of the same covenant. we got 2-3 sessions pretty easily. only took a few minutes (not as fast as Demons Souls, but acceptable) then after i didnt see his sign for like 2 hours. saw it once, but the summon failed. so even though we had what seemed at the time like we figured it out, only went down the tube to being really frustrating.

but even this new patch doesnt promise to fix anything about coop. so far its only mention balance issues and "other stuff" and players are hoping that means coop.

i beat Dark Souls, and got about halfway through NG+ until i got bored. ill go back eventually. id like to platinum it like i did Demons Souls (though i did that in one sitting) but its gunna be a bit before i go back.

yea the first few times i got invaded were by Ring of Fog user and Tranquil Walk of Peace user. i continued to play online, but if i got invaded id just QQ out. im good at PvP. i could take any invader on in Demons Souls no problem, but everyone in Dark Souls spams the same stuff and it gets annoying. but i like online for this hints and the occasional coop session. but yea, not being able to play with friends reliably sucks. me and a friend were both in the Warrior of Sunlight covenant, which is supposed to help your chances of coop with members of the same covenant. we got 2-3 sessions pretty easily. only took a few minutes (not as fast as Demons Souls, but acceptable) then after i didnt see his sign for like 2 hours. saw it once, but the summon failed. so even though we had what seemed at the time like we figured it out, only went down the tube to being really frustrating.

but even this new patch doesnt promise to fix anything about coop. so far its only mention balance issues and "other stuff" and players are hoping that means coop.

i beat Dark Souls, and got about halfway through NG+ until i got bored. ill go back eventually. id like to platinum it like i did Demons Souls (though i did that in one sitting) but its gunna be a bit before i go back.

Fog ring is getting nerfed, and so is tranquil walk, and the swap casting glitch is supposed to fixed.

A few other minor changes, the maxed out pyro flame got nerfed from 270 down to 230, Crystal Soulmass and Soulmass got a 25% damage cut. Crystal ring shield is nerfed also, which currently does an obscene amount of damage. Magic shield is fixed now and no longer makes you invincible. Stat scaling weapons do more damage now. Some cases as much as a 20% bump in damage. They really needed it.

Here is a Dark Souls weapon damage calculator, and the numbers for the 1.05 patch are included:

http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators

Also compares the numbers to the 1.03 patch, in which there you can see scaling weapons got a bump. 40 STR a Manserpent Greatsword +15 does 506 damage, but a Lightning +5 Manserpent does 610, that doesn't scale to any stat. Its pretty obvious you don't get much of a bonus to damage past 40 in this game. Manserpent is the best STR weapon IMO because it can chain very well, and has good stun lock.

Edited by Beriallord

ive been using a divine flamberge...is amazing in NG+ where things are stronger, the bleed is simply amazing!

yea Pyro is soo strong. i use it. Great Chaos Fireball and (Great) Combustion takes care of everything.

yea, i heard the stat scaling compared to lightning/chaos weapons were horrible. i only used Divine weapons since i was playing a priest, never used any other weapon. and unlike everyone else, never used the lightning spear :P