Error with project nevada

Filberg

Hi first of all thanks for making an awesome game even more incredible with all your mods great job all of you i hope you keep making them :), my problem is this i just installed my new vegas with all dlc via steam and i found your page and i wanted to install several mods starting with project nevada, i installed it with the FOMM and it did not give me any problems but every time i start a new game it says " Error: project nevada could not detect the new vegas script extender (NVSE), wich is required for correct operation", im a complete newbie with mods and i dont know how to fix it, thanks for your help :)

Hi first of all thanks for making an awesome game even more incredible with all your mods great job all of you i hope you keep making them :), my problem is this i just installed my new vegas with all dlc via steam and i found your page and i wanted to install several mods starting with project nevada, i installed it with the FOMM and it did not give me any problems but every time i start a new game it says " Error: project nevada could not detect the new vegas script extender (NVSE), wich is required for correct operation", im a complete newbie with mods and i dont know how to fix it, thanks for your help :)

Go here: http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Download and install the latest version in your new vegas folder. Not your data folder. Then create a shortcut from the nvse application icon and put it on your destop and run from there. (Sorry, letter between j and l not woring on my eyboard.)

IF you run the fnv 4gb from here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35262 in the future, you'll need the alternate loader at the bottom of the silverloc page that says "alternate loader".

• 2 years later...

Old topic is Old Maybe I will get lucky to find answers for Project Nevada for FNV:

First things first: (since Google Failed)

I came across some unique mods on a different site that is not Nexus. So I was intrigued to test such mods. I had NMM and Project Nevada worked fine. But this site required to use FOMM instead of NMM (not sure why) So I uninstalled all my FNV mods off NMM, Installed FOMM, then re-downloaded all my regular mods into FOMM, Project Nevada being one of my essencial mods. Here are a few mods I use in relation to Project Nevada. I tripled checked my files in all sorts of ways to make sure there was no essence of any FNV mods nor any traces of NMM for my FNV mods before I installed FOMM.

McM

Project Nevada

oHud (gophers new one hud project)

uHud (unified hud project. gophers way of bringing all huds togeather)

Project Nevada DLC Support

PNxEO MCMScripts Fixes.esp

When I load the game up I get a pop up stating:

You are running at least 1 of Project Nevada DLC patches

Please deactivate in place of the Project Nevada - All DLC Patch. No clue what this means. Never seen it before.

I DO NOT HAVE EVE, WME, and WMX installed so I only needed the Project Nevada - DLC Support 1_3 under this mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42363/?

Now when I go in game and enter the mod config menu oHud, and uHud are not in the menu list in Project Nevada when it should be, relating to when I was using NMM.

When I open the Equipment tree in Project Nevada I get

404 Error file not found

in equipment menu

I'm at wits end right now.

The Project Nevada - All DLC plugin installed by Project Nevada - Extra Options replaces the four plugins installed by the Project Nevada - DLC Support installer. De-activate (or delete) them.

To get everything working, install Project Nevada, close the package manager, make sure all of the PN plugins are activated, open the package manager again, and then install Project Nevada - DLC Support, Project Nevada - Extra Options, PNxEO Script Fixes, MCM, oHUD, and uHUD in that order. Always install MCM after installing PN, and always run the uHUD install script last.

There is no configuration for the Equipment module (yet?) in MCM, and so the author put in a 404 page for a placeholder as a joke.

The Project Nevada - All DLC plugin installed by Project Nevada - Extra Options replaces the four plugins installed by the Project Nevada - DLC Support installer. De-activate (or delete) them.

To get everything working, install Project Nevada, close the package manager, make sure all of the PN plugins are activated, open the package manager again, and then install Project Nevada - DLC Support, Project Nevada - Extra Options, PNxEO Script Fixes, MCM, oHUD, and uHUD in that order. Always install MCM after installing PN, and always run the uHUD install script last.

There is no configuration for the Equipment module (yet?) in MCM, and so the author put in a 404 page for a placeholder as a joke.

Ok I re-installed PN, PNxEO Scripts Fixes, MCM, oHUD, and uHUD. The, "Please Deactivate in place of the PN - all DLC patch warning." is gone. Now my male changed to default male setting. The mods listed above are the only ones I deactivated so not sure how my actor changed. I ran BOSS a few times, and my male actor is still set as the default male. Also, I still do not have a oHUD, and uHUD settings in the McM Project Nevada menu showing, when they shoud be there.

I tired the order you posted at first:

" install Project Nevada - DLC Support, Project Nevada - Extra Options - PNxEO Script Fixes - MCM - oHUD - uHUD"

and I can not activate the PN DLC Support, with out having Project Nevada activated first so I did this:

installed Project Nevada first, then Project Nevada - DLC Support Extra Options - PNxEO Script Fixes - MCM - oHUD - uHUD

as you see I just switched Project Nevada with Project Nevada DLC support Extra Options. The rest I loaded in the order of your posted.