How do I install Mod Textures/Meshes?

Pearlpalkia1

I believe you are experiencing the same problem I had for a LOOOONG time. Extract the file in a separate folder. Open the folder and get rid of any picture files/folders. If there is a readme file read it for any special instructions. If so follow those instructions. Then delete the readme file. Open another window with the Fallout New Vegas folder showing.If there is a data folder in your extracted file drop it into the New Vegas folder, NOT in the New Vegas/Data folder. Check the esp in Fomm and go. The textures should be present.

Usually for mods like this, the ESP, meshes and textures all go to the Data folder.

The structure inside a mod folder usually goes something like:

meshes

textures

[mod name].esp

All three of these are extracted to your Steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/Data folder.

For more detailed instructions: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1533535

• 3 months later...

What I always do when it comes to textures and meshes, is I open up my BSA browser (in FOMM / Fallout Mod Manager) and I go to where ever my game files are . In my case programfile(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/FalloutNV/data . In your data folder there are a bunch of "BSA" files and for NV it should be called "fallout - meshes , fallout - misc , fallout - sound ... etc." Well I open up my "fallout - textures" file in BSA browser and I extract it into my data folder . And then I do the exact same thing with my meshes . (it'll probably take bout 10 min) .

I don't really know if it is completely necessary to do this but I do it anyways and it always ensures that all my "texture/armor replacers" actually replace and not crash my game or in fallouts case .. End up as one over sized friggin check mark .

If you haven't already fixed the issue yet, or if you need it in the future or w.e, hope this helps =)

• 3 months later...

When you unzip the mod directly into the data folder, the Texture and mesh folders are automatically created if they do not yet exist. From then on unziping a mod will use the existing texture and mesh folders.

OR, you can create the sub folders yourself and the mod will use them.