• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is about Authors rights to what they provide for free and proof of ownership, that's all it is, there is no maliciousness in it.

Thieves are going to steal things we can't stop that ,but we can really put a dent in that activity and really make them hate the act it's self.

you want to have some sort of Policing of what you make? Now you have it.

To coin a phrase I was just taught. "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, it might bite you".

Feed it carrots and it might carry you a long long way.

thats fine, but with how blunt the original post is about the source and stuff, i cant help but think of how we would have 0 community if everyone followed your plan to the letter. it was the source that made everything work.

Why would anyone, as a mod user rather than a creator, care deeply that the creator of the mod put their signature on it, and wouldn't want to give you the means they used to create it? If that were the case, where would art be? Comic strips? Does the signature there offend deeply? Or is it there to say "I was here, I am the artist, and I made this"?

And please. Read the FAQ. You're in control of how much of the rest of the source you want to share. Share all of it, even. Just don't share your signature file. Hell, even GNU Linux distributions have a public key/private key split. This is the same concept, in a nutshell. Hell... you could even use a public/private key setup as your signature.

Hmm...

Thanks for challenging this. I think you just made it perfect.

Edited by Jeoshua

And both of the modules are still relevant after the Steam linked accounts thing. This technique doesn't even require usage on Bethsoft.net, Nexus, or Loverslab. It works if you just share it with your friends, and it works if you post it on your own website. This is the only technique that has thus far been discussed that works on all platforms, regardless of intent, usage of F4SE, is 100% decompilation safe when using the Bonus module, and is completely free for you to use. Nobody is holding this source code back from you, this time.

When and only when I decide to put away the PC for some set top box gaming I plan to mod it , I want the quality and perfections from the source of the ideas to be authentic and legal.

I do not want stolen Ideas on a limited space..2 gigs is nothing and it gets chewed up fast and you can't remove it once installed.

So I back this up..Jeo is not alone here any more.

Kitty Black

You can, you probably should anyways, but you don't need to.

Not with the Bonus module. That relies upon RFC4880 technology, is proven in the field, and cannot be falsified by anyone short of the NSA. I'm sorry. This technique does not cover theft by Men in Black. You have been warned.

Edited by Jeoshua