Oblivion blue screen crash - HELP PLEASE!

DaewonsongRave

Hello, I have a problem, which started yesterday.. When I play oblivion, it crashes to a blue screen after like 2 or 3 minutes of gameplay, I don't understand what's wrong, because I've been playing Oblivion for a long time, with no problems, but, this just started randomly, like, the sound of the game freezes, and, the game itself freezes completely and then it brings a blue screen, and then the computer restarts... I have the latest oblivion patch, and, the latest drivers for my graphic card, too... Could someone PLEASE help me? I really don't know what's wrong, as I'm not good at finding the problems myself xD so, I hope someone can help me out, I'd be very grateful :)

Please help me as soon as possible, Farewell :>

Well, it might be very generic answer, but if it's not only the game freezing, but actually Blue Death, I'd say there is a good chance some part of your copmuter is fried or going to be soon. Quite literally.

Apart from that, it can be caused by several hunderths more things.

Well, it might be very generic answer, but if it's not only the game freezing, but actually Blue Death, I'd say there is a good chance some part of your copmuter is fried or going to be soon. Quite literally.

But it's not even been a year since I have bought that computer D: And, I don't have money to get a new one :( It just started yesterday randomly when I was walking in the wilderness... I have a lot of mods, always have had, but, it crashes repeatedly now, I don't know what could be wrong.. And, I can't open my computer, because it's a computer with a screen all in one, and, I'm afraid I'd probably mess it up... Maybe I could try playing Morrowind for a while to see if it does the same thing, if not, then the problem is perhaps with Oblivion.. Google is helpless, and, if there's like a hundred reasons to my problem, then I'm out of luck to find the right solution :(

Just a shot in the dark - temperatures? If the CPU and or GPU are caked with dust, there's a good chance things are overheating. One year sounds about right for a computer in a typical dusty home environment.

Go to your control panel, then System. Go to the advanced Tab. Click on the settings button for startup and recovery. Turn off the automatically restart feature. next time you get a blue screen, write down which file it is whining about, and the stop code. Post them in this thread.

But it's not even been a year since I have bought that computer D: And, I don't have money to get a new one :( It just started yesterday randomly when I was walking in the wilderness... I have a lot of mods, always have had, but, it crashes repeatedly now, I don't know what could be wrong.. And, I can't open my computer, because it's a computer with a screen all in one, and, I'm afraid I'd probably mess it up... Maybe I could try playing Morrowind for a while to see if it does the same thing, if not, then the problem is perhaps with Oblivion.. Google is helpless, and, if there's like a hundred reasons to my problem, then I'm out of luck to find the right solution :(

Well as is said bellow, temperature is prolly the most common cause of blue screen, the computer forces blue death and restart so the hardware won't actually fry.

And as even more bellow is suggested, you could turn off the restart, if you could say what exactly it reads, it would be simplier to solve. But then again, if it's temperature, there is a little tiny chance that if you turn of the forced restart, smoke might come out of your computer.

Either way, cleaning (Not with water, no :D) the computer might be a good start, t make sure all the fans are working and there is not much dust around them. You might also want to to touch the part while the computer is running to make sure it is not a temperature problem.

Is there an error code? Stop errors (or "Blue Screens") usually give out details if you've disabled automatic restart. They should have a format like this: "*** STOP: 0x0000000", where (usually) the last or last two digits are replaced with a special code. You can also read the stop error details with BlueScreenView. If you can do that, can you post the details or even a screenshot? I've dealt with a fair amount of bluescreens in the past and I might be able to help you.

Here's the Minidump ScreenShot everyone, sorry, I've had to Reinstall Windows because my computer would'nt start anymore.. But, it crashes for every 3D games I play (Though I only play Oblivion most of the time. I'd like to have it fixed before the 11th of November as I'm going to rush to the Videogame store to get Skyrim before all copies disappear..) Anyway, if you can help, here's the Minidump Screenshot, tell me if there's anything else you need, or anything at all to fix my problem, thank you :D